Hi!

jongsxr
jongsxr Posts: 3
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello :D

Thought I would join and say hello, saw a link to this site in a newspaper article.

I used to be into mountain biking when I was a kid, although more on road than off.

I bought a GT aggressor 3.0 about 4-5 years ago, roughly. Hardly ever used it, recently my mate's have really got back into it, so I joined them.

Went up to Cannock chase, was really good fun. Although I hadn't rode a bike for about 4 years and found it a bit hard to get used to it again, especially now I ride a motorbike.

Think we did about 7 miles on a red run, definitely up for going again. Might be buying my mate's old bike off him. My Mom has sort of acquired mine, think mate's is the model up from mine and it's an avalanche. For £90 it will do the job.

Look forward to getting some tips and reading the forums. Will be buying a few things for next time.

Helmet - (borrowed Dad's)
Gloves - Grazed hands when fell off
Shorts- Had standard shorts on, I'm still sore days later.Do these mtb shorts have
any sort of padding to protect you rubbing against the seat?

p.s I was thinking of Halfords or Decathlon. Don't want to spend a fortune when I'm only just getting back into it. My mate got al his stuff from Leisure Lakes Bikes in Wolverhampton, they seem to have all the top brand stuff, I just want adequate stuff for now.

Jon

Comments