Is my ipod broken?

whalley665
whalley665 Posts: 150
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
When i plug my earphones in, only the left side works. I've tried 3 different earphones with the same outcome.

How can i get this fixed or will i have to send it back to apple?

Thanks
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.

Comments

• Sounds broken to me :? same happened to my old iPod mini, but that was more abuse than poor manufacture!
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Is this a new issue? or are they brand new? Make sure that you have pushed the jack all the way into the socket as a partialy inserted earphones will only send the sound down one side.

Faulty if this isn't the issue.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    ^^^
    What Kiblams said. If it isn't fully inserted, (oo-er!) it'll only sound down the one side.
    If the iPod is less than a year old, it is still covered by Apple's one year guarentee. Go onto their website and see if you can get it sent in for repair.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    My iPod shuffle started doing this but it turned out because I had been sweating so badly from running and working out at the gym, that the left earphone had become saturated with sweat and clogged the sound....

After I left to dry out at home it was fine! :shock:
    It's been a while...
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    If it isn't covered by guarantee/warranty, it can be fixed if you can get it apart. It happens because a connection breaks to the jack, so if you can re-solder that, it will work again. This all depends on whether you can get it open though...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Plenty of guides online on how to open iPods. The older ones are a doddle to open, newer ones are much harder to open in such a way to reuse them.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.