Ref. Photos

Oooops,

Glitch in the uploader...

Being fixed now.

:oops:
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    Thanks for a organising a good event Derek.
    When I do Sportives or go out on my own for long rides I normally have two 750 ml bottles with me. I will fill one of them with an energy drink, PSP2 being the drink I prefer and the other bottle is just filled with plain water. I always find that I need to drink water after the PSP2 to take the very sweet taste away.
    On a day that has a low to normal temperature, say less that 22 deg C, I normally would need to refill the bottle after 25 to 30 miles. This distance decreases quite dramatically on a hot day, especially on a tough hilly route.
    So I found myself running out of water on the 3rd leg (Hawes to Malham) and the final leg (Malham back to Ilkley).
    When I got to Stainforth my water bottle was close to empty.
    The same thing happened on the final leg, I had no water left after Beamsley.
    As a local, I know that there are taps at the Bolton Abbey car park toilets, but as I was in a trance like state due to being knackered it did not occur to me to go and refill them there!
    Stainforth, on the other hand, I do not know where to get some water.
    I was wondering if anyone else had my dilemma and if it is possible to have a water stop at Stainforth in future , especially if it looks like being a hot day?
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • fraz167
    fraz167 Posts: 142
    Steve GT wrote:
    Thanks for a organising a good event Derek.
    When I do Sportives or go out on my own for long rides I normally have two 750 ml bottles with me. I will fill one of them with an energy drink, PSP2 being the drink I prefer and the other bottle is just filled with plain water. I always find that I need to drink water after the PSP2 to take the very sweet taste away.
    On a day that has a low to normal temperature, say less that 22 deg C, I normally would need to refill the bottle after 25 to 30 miles. This distance decreases quite dramatically on a hot day, especially on a tough hilly route.
    So I found myself running out of water on the 3rd leg (Hawes to Malham) and the final leg (Malham back to Ilkley).
    When I got to Stainforth my water bottle was close to empty.
    The same thing happened on the final leg, I had no water left after Beamsley.
    As a local, I know that there are taps at the Bolton Abbey car park toilets, but as I was in a trance like state due to being knackered it did not occur to me to go and refill them there!
    Stainforth, on the other hand, I do not know where to get some water.
    I was wondering if anyone else had my dilemma and if it is possible to have a water stop at Stainforth in future , especially if it looks like being a hot day?

Hi Steve,

In previous WRC's there has been water at the top of the climb onto Malham Moor.

Talk soon
    Fraser
  • In previous WRC's there has been water at the top of the climb onto Malham Moor.

Not last year, unless I was completely delerious...
  • Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    There has never been a water stop at the top of Malham.

What myself and my wife have done is hand out water to a few needy cyclists while I have been doing the photos...

However as I try to take on board ALL feedback, I'll look again at water stops for 2010.

:D
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk