Cheap Tesco 9-function bike computer

sarajoy
sarajoy Posts: 1,675
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
Anyone know how to reset the trip counters? The instructions were utter rubbish!
4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Are the instructions wrong, or just awkward? Usually the latter tbh. Most just require the relevant display [trip in this case] to be visible then press & hold the button for 4 - 6 seconds.

Join us on the Stats sheet Sara. Aiming for 50, 5 to go.
  • Not sure if I have the same computer, but to do mine you take it out of SCAN mode until DST & TM are displayed with the right hand button and then press and hold the left hand button until these go to zero. Simplez :wink:
    time flies like an arrow
    fruit flies like a banana
  • sarajoy
    Aha cheers.

Seemed I needed to zero the max speed bit too if I wanted to see a new one of those.

No the instructions were all over the place, with bits clearly missing, and random blobs of English appearing in the foreign language bits. Can't imagine what those might have been like to read.

My other computer (that must have bounced off my handlebars while I was paying more attention to staying upright on a very rough bit of road) was reading about 550 miles on the odometer :(

Might keep my eye out for it on the way home, it's probably in pieces on the side of the road.
  • sarajoy
    Ah, oops, added myself with my full name, I just type it by default!

Can the clever chap that wrote it please change Sara Wallen into sarajoy to save confusion? Cheers!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    sarajoy wrote:
    Ah, oops, added myself with my full name, I just type it by default!

Can the clever chap that wrote it please change Sara Wallen into sarajoy to save confusion? Cheers!

Consider it done, later on tonight tho.
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    Tesco's have some reasonably priced gear in at the moment, track pump for £15 e.t.c.