WRCC W'ton challenge 19.07.09 - ENTRIES URGENTLY NEEDED

broachboy
broachboy Posts: 429
Saw this at the SHC yesterday... :!:

WOLVERHAMPTON RACING CYCLING CLUB

9TH ANNUAL WOLVERHAMPTON CHALLENGE 78MILES

Start: Pattingham Village Hall 8.30am Sunday 19th July 2009

Once again we are pleased to present our annual cycling challenge, open to all cyclists, this is not a race but a challenging ride through Staffordshire and Shropshire’s beautiful countryside.

A change of scene this year, with the first two thirds of the event, free from all steep hills etc. First running through Staffordshire, then into flat Shropshire, but watch for the sting in the tail on the last third. All mainly on quite or unclassified roads, with proper facilities at the morning and afternoon check stops.

A warm welcome is extended to all our regular supporters, plus any new comers who wish to come along and experience a thoroughly enjoyable day out on the bike at your own pace. Usual light refreshments available (all included in price) at the start, morning and afternoon stops and finish. Lunch can be taken at any of the wonderful village pubs that you will pass by on the way round. Small prize awarded to all finishers.

Entry fee: £7.00 (in advance)

Entry Forms: Gil Parkes, 2 Trimpley Gardens, Penn, Wolverhampton WV4 5PG

Tel: 07949 841578

ENTRIES URGENTLY NEEDED

prepared to help out a struggling event :?:
Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018

Comments

• broachboy
    FYI

Pattingham Village Hall
    High St
    Pattingham
    Wolverhampton
    West Midlands
    WV6 7BB
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • Shezzer
    Shezzer Posts: 229
    Saw this at the SHC on Sunday and me and 4/5 friends are signing up to do it.
  • broachboy
    Shezzer wrote:

Well done Shezzer, thanks for your support - though I must mention I am not a member of the promoting club, but am a member of another W'ton club. I would hate to see them organise an event and no one turn up.

Good on ya :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • broachboy
    Shezzer wrote:

By the way how did you do on the SHC :?:

Enjoy the rain on the Long Mynd :twisted:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • Shezzer
    Shezzer Posts: 229
    Hi Broachboy. We all really enjoyed SHC thanks. Guessing you're a Wolvo Wheeler? Saw loads of WWs on the way around.

It felt like 4 seasons in one day on Sunday!! Grey, cold and wet up the Long Mynd (thankfully the climb meant it still felt rather warm). By the time we reached Clun it was baking hot and blue skies. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I still had left in the legs by the time we finished. Looks like all this hill training is starting to pay off. :D

Fingers crossed the Wolverhampton Challenge gets enough numbers. The ride will take in some stunning scenery. You doing it?
  • broachboy
    Hi Shezzer, you got me - thats right a 'WHEELER' :wink: . I had a chat with various riders on the way round and a couple of them remarked how few Wheelers there was at this years event, strange I thought there was a fair few of us there, some were ingocnito in trade tops too :roll: . I had to laugh when we passed through Church Stretton and turned left to climb up onto the Mynd half way up the climb - you know that single track one - there were 3 or 4 cars trying to come down, :shock: :? :x :twisted: :wink: the chaos was unreal :lol: Shame for the guy who came a cropper on the Cordon descent :cry: The climb after the 2nd check was a bugger wasn't it - which sick person thought of that :twisted: but the long fast descent to the finish made up for it I guess

The W'ton Challenge is the same day as the Wheelers Severn Valley Road race, so I should imagine those who aren't tied up racing, marshalling etc will turn up for the challenge, hope its gonna be a nice day - I should be there if all goes to plan :roll:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018