AG2R new Tour jersey.

Dunkeldog
Dunkeldog Posts: 138
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Well, it seems perhaps in a bid to drum up some crumb of interest this season - and let's face it, it's been a pretty anonymous one to date - AG2R have come up with a special jersey in time for this years Tour. I quite like it and you can be pretty sure someone will be sent up the road to show it off whenever possible.

http://www.cyclisme.ag2rlamondiale.fr/p ... juin09.pdf

Comments

• MINGIN
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Seems like they will have new matching bikes too....

Check out Roche's ride in the Irish national champsionships yesterday ... The pictures arent great, but you can get glimpses:

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_4082.shtml

The old BHs looked crap... I felt that this year the AG2R team had a raw dal with the bikes they are on... They are the only ProTour team to ride with the old 10 speed record group... and not even the 10 speed group from last year with the red brakes... I was thinking that AG2R had stock-piled a shed load of 2007 Campag Record Gruppos...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    emadden wrote:
    The old BHs looked crap... I felt that this year the AG2R team had a raw dal with the bikes they are on... They are the only ProTour team to ride with the old 10 speed record group... and not even the 10 speed group from last year with the red brakes... I was thinking that AG2R had stock-piled a shed load of 2007 Campag Record Gruppos...

Apparantly FSA are the groupset sponsors of AG2R, and until FSA get around to providing groupsets they're stuck with old kit.

I wouldn't say it's a raw deal though, most pro mechanics are not liking DA 7900 because it apparently requires too much fiddling with to keep indexing right (Cervelo not being sponsored by Shimano actually went back to 7800 from 7900 even though they had both), 10s Record is one of the best groupsets around even though its "obsolete" .
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    emadden wrote:

Apparantly FSA are the groupset sponsors of AG2R, and until FSA get around to providing groupsets they're stuck with old kit.

I wouldn't say it's a raw deal though, most pro mechanics are not liking DA 7900 because it apparently requires too much fiddling with to keep indexing right (Cervelo not being sponsored by Shimano actually went back to 7800 from 7900 even though they had both), 10s Record is one of the best groupsets around even though its "obsolete" .

I ride the same groupset myself.. raw deal in the sense that they cant get their hands on the new campy stuff
    www.dotcycling.com
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    emadden wrote:
    I ride the same groupset myself.. raw deal in the sense that they cant get their hands on the new campy stuff

They could if they bought it :wink:

Anyway I've seen opinions that both the old Record and 7800 are better groupsets for racing than the current incarnations anyway.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr