Any old iron!

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
There's a nuuter on a flatbad touring the estate shouting 'brass, iron!'.

Anyone in Sheff - lock you gates up!

Comments

• No point, he'll have them away too if they're Iron!
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • supersonic
    There were a few bikes on his trailer!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    we were just talking about rag and bone men in the office this morning.....

a spanish colleague had never heard of them.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    edited June 2009
    There were never any rag and bone men in Stafford until about a month ago when I saw one wobbling down the road piled high with Apollos, fridges and other 'scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap eye-unnnnnnnnn'. He obviously told his mates because we get at least one a week now. Unbelievable that there are so many shonky bikes about =]
  • supersonic
    Send him a DVD of Steptoe and Son!
  • cee
    supersonic
    DVD??? you tube is all you need. :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • YouTube is too advanced for Sheffield - all them hills makes it difficult for any streaming to navigate the up and down internet cables.... :wink:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • cee
    YouTube is too advanced for Sheffield - all them hills makes it difficult for any streaming to navigate the up and down internet cables.... :wink:

ahem...as hilly as edinburgh??

H.G. Wells.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Wish he'd come round mine, I've got about 100 kilos of scrap steel and the same again of scrap ally out the back from junking motorbikes, but I'm too scared of the man at the scrapyard to go and weigh it all in, he looks like he's half wolf .
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cee
    Northwind wrote:
    Wish he'd come round mine, I've got about 100 kilos of scrap steel and the same again of scrap ally out the back from junking motorbikes, but I'm too scared of the man at the scrapyard to go and weigh it all in, he looks like he's half wolf .

which one?? daltons is ok as long as you phone up first to get the prices....he trys it on unless you can tell him what you were quoted!

H.G. Wells.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    just scrapped a load of aluminium truss in work, what was probably £4000 worth when we bought it we got £27 from the scrappy!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    cee wrote:
    which one?? daltons is ok as long as you phone up first to get the prices....he trys it on unless you can tell him what you were quoted!

Yeah, Daltons. Not been in for a while mind.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    We have started getting them around Derby now too, used to get them all the time growing up in brum. Can be very handy to have, and the horn they play occasionaly cheers me up. No idea why... :?
  • supersonic
    Edinburgh is flat compared to Sheffield!