Anyone down the Southern Sportive?

sampras38
sampras38 Posts: 1,917
Has anyone done this Southern Sportive before around the South Downs?

http://www.southernsportive.com/?go=sou ... dc3e06bb9a

If so, how does it compare to the Wales Dragon?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    It's quite an easy one... doesn't have the long climbs nor the really steep ones.

It's more like a Circuit of the Cotswolds without Cleeve Hill.. rolling countryside

It's also significantly shorter than the Dragon Ride, you should expect to finish one hour faster
    left the forum March 2023
  • I did it last year. It was good to end the summer with a fast time. It gave me a boost to get stuck into winter. The climbs over the Downs are sharp enough to sap the legs. There's some nice long runs to push the average speed up. It's not a monster ride but there's some nice variation in it. I'm pleased I did it. If it was local I'd do it again. I haven't done the Dragon, it clashes with the Cyclone, but I wouldn't think they compare in terms of grunt and grind.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I did this last year, really nice ride most of it. Very little on main roads, nice rolling countryside. A couple of hills here and there, could definitely recommend it
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    This the one on 13th September? If so I'm registered 8)