Birmingham to Coast

Icequeen28
Icequeen28 Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in Tour & expedition
I live in Birmingham and want to ride from here to the coast, thinking weston super mare is the closest. Would like some suggetstions from anyone who has done this type of ride before.

Comments

• Weston super mare sounds about right. Are you kipping over night when you get there or just turning round and going home? It might be a more pleasant ride to get the train there and cycle round the coast - this weekend ill be doing Cardiff to fishgaurd which i am hoping will be nice!
  • Hi

Many years ago a few mates and I had the same thought but went north east from Coventry to Skegness. Still around 100 miles but the last 20-30 are flat and with the usual prevailing wind quite fast.

Mike at BkeDynamics

www.BikeDynamics.co.uk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    If I lived in Brum I would certainly head for the coast.
    Draw a circle on a map and you'll see that (as the crow flies - don't know about road distances) the Wirral, Cardigan bay and the Wash are all about the same distance as WSM from Birmingham.
    Be glad you don't live in Urumqi, in NW China, which is 1500 miles from the nearest sea.
  • angel31
    angel31 Posts: 3
    A few years ago I did from Bham to the Welsh coast at Aberystwyth - absolutely stunning ride through Shropshire and up over the mountains in mid wales, would thoroughly recommend this route (took several days though!).