My Scott Aspect 45

lesz42
lesz42 Posts: 690
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
few upgrades, starting with the Forks, the Tora Race forks, really changed the way the bike felt over rough ground, love it! , not the most sexy bike, but its nice

upgrades are,

DT Swiss 4.2D, with XT hubs
DMR Conrod 90mm stem
XT 8 speed Cassette
XTR gear cables
Kona Jackshit pedals
Peaty grips
RockShox Tora Race forks (09)
Kenda nevegal DTC tires

next to get are better cranks ( deore?)

[img]<a%20href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lesz42/3647946904/&quot; title=&quot;my bike by badbobevil, on Flickr&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/3647946904_ccd347b255_o.jpg&quot; width=&quot;800&quot; height=&quot;563&quot; alt=&quot;my bike&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;[/img]
Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5

Comments

• chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    3647946904_ccd347b255_o.jpg

There's your pic embedded properly.

Looks like a nice bike, good wheels and forks which are the main things.

I may be wrong but from the look of the picture the saddle doesn't look terribly comfy.
  • lesz42
    thanks for doing that!, never seem to get the hang of it. :?

saddle is fine! standard scott item, was painful for the first 8 weeks tho! lol

need new cranks soon, so slx or deore, and new pedals, and a new headset, as its a bit rough

staying with 8 speed, as it suits me fine :)
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • hondaboy4
    hondaboy4 Posts: 13
    I like what you have done with it. ESpecially the chainset.
    Comment Loading ::
  • scotts are great frames and an excellent platform for a good lightwieght build, but i am biased
  • lesz42
    been a while!

still have the scott! things have worn out or broken or upgraded!

just the frame and brakes are still original ! just this week, upgraded to 9 speed! lol the shifters ( oem) still work fine, after FOUR years of riding, with no maintenance to them, the xtr gear cables were still fine after 3 years, and about 2500 miles of rain and mud, hope the deore shifters are as good?

7424581056_96d53e7d5b_c.jpg
    scott 45 2008 by badbobevil, on Flickr

hope brakes maybe, IF the shimano brakes fail, just 3 bleeds in 4 years!