Does Gerdemann have a chance?

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited June 2009 in Pro race
His results this year have been ok (7th T-A) 1st in a minor race or two...

Nowhere at the tour de suiss

Can he do anything at the tour??
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    "Oi don't tink show. Shertantly, it will be majorly difficult for him"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    He'll be lucky to do anything, and there's very little chance that LA will let him get in a break after the things he said about his return.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    no
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    He doesn't have much of a team.

Also, he doesn't seem the same rider since his crash and serious injuries.

Can he TT?
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    He has had good results since his return after last year's crash, and he is a very good time trialer.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    He's been good since the crash, so I hope so. I suspect we might see Milram losing a shedload in the TTT (and Silence?) and then Linus going for a stage.

I'm not sure Lance or Astana will have the luxury to bully everyone who's dissed him this time around. Not like the good old Postal days, eh?

Strava is not Zen.
  • i suspect that milram will be focusing on getting ciolek a stage - I don't even think that Linus will get a stage - which is a shame because his win in Le Grand Bornand in 2007(?) was a gutsy ride - which I'd like to see happen again.