MSN

xtreem
xtreem Posts: 2,965
edited June 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Is there any way I can configure my msn to show what music I'm listening
when it's played in different player than Windows Media Player?

Comments

• docker0141
    docker0141 Posts: 605
    go to the message box under your name beside your avatar, click the wee arrow then click "show what im listening to"
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Xtreem wrote:
    Is there any way I can configure my msn to show what music I'm listening
    when it's played in different player than Windows Media Player?

download a program called messenger plus and the music add on ... will grab music from itunes and a few others
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    if your listening through media player, click now playing, click plug-ins, other, msn

there you go
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • stevet1992
    Jimbob_no5 wrote:
    if your listening through media player, click now playing, click plug-ins, other, msn

there you go

he said when its played in a different player to windows media player :wink::lol:

• xtreem
    go to the message box under your name beside your avatar, click the wee arrow then click "show what im listening to"
    Thank you. I'm not that stupid. I knew that. :lol: No fence. :lol:
    download a program called messenger plus and the music add on ... will grab music from itunes and a few others
    Thanks. Will try that tommorow morning, I'm a bit tired tonight. And I have msn plus but I
    don't have the music add on what ever that is. Will post tomorow what I've done.

Jimbob_no5
    Nope, I'm not listening through WMP because the player is a bit retarded.
    Will post pictures tommorow to see. :lol:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    VLC has an MSN now playing tick box in Preferences >> Interface >> Control Interface.
  • xtreem
    I've downloaded a Script which shows what music you're listening in these players:
    - Guess Player
    - iTunes
    - jetAudio
    - Lastfm
    - MediaMonkey
    - Winamp
    - WMP

I've need it for jetAudio and iTunes and it works.
    Cheers all. :mrgreen:
  • blister pus
    you wanna use a decent media player, young man. :mrgreen:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I use Itunes and it automatically does it...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    andrew156 wrote:

he said a decent music player :wink::wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • stevet1992
    cee wrote:
    andrew156 wrote:

he said a decent music player :wink::wink:

some of us are "tools" and have ipods so like to keep all our music together ;)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    nowt wrong with media player for i-tunes for playback - especially if you have several gigs of music to organise as well.
    VLC is a massively over-rated piece of crap, I've never had any luck getting it to perform well, on Windows or Linux.
  • blister pus
    nowt wrong with media player for i-tunes for playback - especially if you have several gigs of music to organise as well.

VLC is a massively over-rated piece of crap, I've never had any luck getting it to perform well, on Windows or Linux.

Good job they have hideously bloated idiot software like iTunes for clueless moon based folk then, eh. ;)
  • Anonymous
    Actually, I'm not a fan of i-tunes either, and won't let it near any of my machines, but still, it is fine for organising a large music library, and it does a great job for a great many people.
  • blister pus
    If I'm going in that direction I'd install Songbird with the now working iPod device add on. But I wouldn't squirt on Apple proprietary formats and software personally anyway. And if you look around even hardened iTunes users complain about the bloat with many wishing for, or seeking alternatives.

I flip between Media Player Classic, VLC and the MPlayer front end for Windows, SMPlayer (without translations installed). Any of those are rock solid, versatile, light weight and do a job. I don't get how you manage to struggle with VLC though.
  • Anonymous
    Songbird is great, but a little buggy for me right now.
    Also, I think the interface is too cluttered.
    VLC has next to no management of a music library, and struggles to keep sync between video and audio. It's performance - in my experience - leaves a lot to be desired, even on my core 2 quad. Bare in mind that media player, and a few others will use an Nvidia Geforce to decode video.
    I stick with windows media player, or Media center in "my" room :wink:
    Nothing wrong with them. Fast, stable, and user friendly.
    I buy my mp3s off Amazon, which work with any media player anyhow, but most of my music comes from CDs.
  • blister pus
    I keep checking back on Songbird and it's getting there slowly 1.2.0 has a ton of the old bugs ironed out and at least you can skin it. Use it in mini player mode and there's definitely no clutter. :D

VLC was never intended to have extensive music library management it wasn't what it was about, but even that's in the pipeline. And it doesn't struggle any worse at losing sync on crappy original transcoding than any other player. For speed and convenience that's why I use multiple media players to offset that problem rather than redoing everything myself to get stuff to play in one player. But for most general content the main players work fine. And I'm running a quad core chip too and VLC is a well behaved, well written app - Windows MP has a head start anyway being specifically tailored to the OS to minimise overhead, so comparisons will be slightly distorted.
  • xtreem
    I want you to know that I don't need some high quality player because the speakers
    are just so good that even the best sound will turn into a piece of crap.
    They are similar to this ones. :lol: But don't worry I have a better device for a high quality sound.
    speakers_basic_right_gcs100.jpg

And another thing. I use mostly jetAudio because I like the look of it in toolbar mode,
    and WMP is kinda retarded, most buttons don't work. Here how it looks: :lol:
    3653896632_94b466d3d6.jpg

PS. I always choose better look over functionality.
  • Anonymous
    holy crap, something looks seriously wrong with your media player.
    it looks like some bizzare hybrid between WMP 9 and 11?!? WTF?
  • blister pus
    Xtreem wrote:

When did you turn into a woman? :lol:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I've got news for you all, arguing about media players is not cool and noone really gives a fuck!
  • xtreem
    holy crap, something looks seriously wrong with your media player.
    it looks like some bizzare hybrid between WMP 9 and 11?!? WTF?
    Tell me about that. :lol:
    I've passed under a rainbow without noticing it. :(

Btw, eventhough I knew the K750i had a 2MP camera, memory card slot, FM radio and
    other bits more then the D520 at the same price, I still choose the sliding phone then the
    brick of Sony.
    1200996111.jpg

d520.jpg

Look first. :D
  • blister pus
    edited June 2009
    andrew156 wrote:
    I've got news for you all, arguing about media players is not cool and noone really gives a fark!

Completely wrong on both counts. 1) No-one's arguing and 2) people do give a "fark" . Because people are the first to complain when something they use every day doesn't do "something" or doesn't have 'this feature' or 'that feature'.

And anybody who thinks they're cool deserves the p!ss being taken out of them for the rest of time. :lol:
  • xtreem
    I've got news for you all, arguing about media players is not cool and noone really gives a fark!
    Speak for yourself. Those who argue gives them a fark. :lol: Did I wrote that correctly?
  • Anonymous
    Xtreem wrote:

or an apple fan? [ducks and scurries for cover] :shock:
  • blister pus
    Mactard is a mactard is a mactard. :shock:

:lol:
  • xtreem
    Xtreem wrote:

or an apple fan? [ducks and scurries for cover] :shock:
    I'm not an apple fan. The closest I could go to apple is iTunes, and that's it. The rest is overpriced. :roll:
    And at the moment I'm starting to use more and more Samsung Multimedia Manager. Good stuff.
  • blister pus
    It wasn't aimed directly at you Xtreem it was more of a joke about how women view things when it comes to practical / functional versus eye candy and pretty. It made me laugh when you said "PS. I always choose better look over functionality." that's all. yeehaamcgee just followed on that's all. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    yup, not aimed at anyone directly, just following on in the theme! :lol: