EVANS CYCLES DONT YA JUST LOVE EM

radders89
radders89 Posts: 35
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
I ordered a Ritchey Torque key online from Evans Cycles yesterday morning and as I was desperate to fit my new 3T Carbon bars & stem this weekend I paid the premium of £15.00 (more than the price of the torque key) for the item to be delivered by courier today (Saturday) and lo and behold its not been delivered!!!

I aint happy!!

Grrrr at Evans! :evil:

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    did it say next working day? that seems to be what they usually mean so don't expect a refund on it
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • radders89
    GSK82-

The line from Evans Cycles website reads as follows:

Saturday UK delivery

Delivered by courier, if you place your bike order by noon on Wednesday, or your bulky item or clothing & accessory order by noon on Friday we can ship to you on Saturday between 8am and 1pm. End quote

That doesnt say quaranteed next day delivery but its not far off it. I wont be happy if they dont offer the full £15.00 refund.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    seems pretty deffinative does that, kick up a stink and ask for more than a refund
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I'm not defending Evans but have you ever considered that it may not be their fault and that it may be down to the Royal mail?
    If it is the Royal mail it will be them you will need to claim off
  • They entered into a specific contract with you and they have not performed that contract, unless there is some 'get out' clause you have overlooked. It is Evans who are in breach of contract. Their delivery arrangements are their concern, not yours, unless again the contract specifically addresses this point.

It is not Royal mail. You said above "Delivered by courier"

Even if it's Royal Mail then Evans will need to claim from them. Evans should reimburse you now for the extra shipping cost, without quibbling.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • radders89
    Thanks all for your comments.

Ive sent an email to Evans and I await their response on Monday and will let you all know what they have to say. You never know the Ritchey torque key I ordered may arrive as well.......but I wont hold my breath..

:twisted:
  • radders89
    Just a quick update...

Had an email this morning from Evans customer services who have apologised for the torque key not being delivered on Saturday and thankfully they say they will refund the £15.00 I paid for Saturday delivery.

Still not got the torque key though! :(