stu8975 Posts: 1,334
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just Finished building it up.

SAM_0381.jpg

2009 Anthem X frame
Fox RP23 Shock
RS Sid Teams (09) (w/custom white/blue decals
XT drivetrain (M770)
XT chainset w/2 ring conversion - Specialite TA Chinook rings 26/40 w/KCNC short ring bolts
Hope mono minis (07)
Alligator Windcutter rotors - 160mm
Bontrager Race XXX foam grips
KMC X9SL chain
Look Quartz pedals
FSA OS-99 stem +/- 6°
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
FSA K-Force carbon riser bars
ZTR Olympic rims w/blue decals
Superstar hubs (F-Superfast, R-Superleggera)
DT Super comp spokes
KCNC skewers
Specialized Fast Trak LK Control 2bliss tyres (tubeless w/Stans sealant)
Specialized Phenom SL saddle

Weight...24lb 5oz
Weight...23lb 15oz (10/09/2009)
Weight...23lb 8oz (23/01/2010)
Weight...23lb (25/01/2011)
Weight w/o pedals 22lb 10oz (25/01/2011).

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    edited June 2009
    Great bike. :)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Cool Bike 8)
  • stu8975
    official weight - with new saddle (slr xc gel flow) 24lb3oz........................bring on xtr and carbon....
  • Chilesy
    Chilesy Posts: 152
    Love it enjoy :D:D:D
  • stu8975
    Couple of upgrades done - seatpost and skewers, finally sorted some matching Sid decals for the forks and got it under 24lbs. New brakes coming soon (whenever Hope bring the new xc race brake out) and new bars and pedals (but undecided on what to get).
  • one of the nicest looking bikes i've seen in ages!

love it!
  • I want the blue suspension linkage on mine! :(
  • Lurvely! 8)
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • stu8975
    I want the blue suspension linkage on mine! :(

White linkages would look better on your bike, and can be easily done. Had my old anthem ones done silver to match the decals. Your LBS (Giant dealer) should have the bearing installation/removal tool, then its off the painters. Only cost me a tenner to get mine done.

Thanks for the comments...Fork decals made a big difference to the look of it.
  • stu8975 wrote:
    White linkages would look better on your bike, and can be easily done. Had my old anthem ones done silver to match the decals. Your LBS (Giant dealer) should have the bearing installation/removal tool, then its off the painters. Only cost me a tenner to get mine done.

Cheers mate, I might look into that. Did you have them powdercoated?
  • stu8975
    Yes certainly did. Made sure they masked off the bearing recesses before coating it. Imagine it would be a pain in the arse to remove the paint from there to fit the bearings back in. Dremmel anyone...Nooo
  • Can i ask how you got Blue fork decals?
  • nvn
    nvn Posts: 20
    Simply beautiful
  • stu8975
    edited May 2010
    Can i ask how you got Blue fork decals?

I made the ones in the pic with inkjet printable vinyl, but i have had some proper vinyl ones made up.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    who made up the decals? I'd be interested to know if they can make up some gold Rebas for the Barry White.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • stu8975
    Place called Stickerbods (ebay shop), but you will have to provide either a template or all the correct measurements, I already had a graphic file of mine so they just had to change the colour and print them. £8 for one set or £21 for 6 sets (got 3 of each colour) inc postage. Most car graphics places should be able to make you some up, also check ebay, loads of older style reba sets on there for less than a tenner, someone should be able to sort you out.
  • stu8975
    edited January 2011
    Freshly weighed today..23lb 8oz (23.5lb).

DSC00237.jpgDSC00238.jpg
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Love it! Hope it rides as nicely as it looks!
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    ile swap you my mother fot that :lol:
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • stu8975
    Hmmmm...How young/old is she?...and i'm going to need a pic before i decide..and not a random fake one from google images :wink:
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    How does she ride? :lol:
  • stu8975
    jpstar wrote:
    How does she ride? :lol:

The bike? - Rather nice...its a bit nippy :D

rhyko7's mother? - will update if a deal goes through :lol:
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Stu - I've probably asked you this already, but how are you finding the hubs? Are the wheels a Superstar custom build? I'm considering a set myself as they've just quoted me a pretty good price, so wondering what their build quality is like.
  • tdougan
    tdougan Posts: 152
    I was looking at the bike for a while - thinkin woah that's real nice, then it dawned on my where the picture was taken then I seen you were from sunderland! ;D
  • stu8975
    Stu - I've probably asked you this already, but how are you finding the hubs? Are the wheels a Superstar custom build?.

So far I have absolutely no problems with the hubs, no play in bearings, still spin forever, no freehub play, still fee like new..be warned..120 point engagement is very addictive once you have ridden it. I was considering a new set of hoops..Alpine/Supercomps/American classic hubs, but I'm not sure I can go back to a 'normal' freehub. I will try an sort a vid of the hubs for you..but have to have a spot of eye surgery tomorrow so prob be tomorrow night or Thursday.
    My wheels aren't a Superstar build, had my mate (LBS mechanic) build them for me. The hoops you mentioned that Superstar can do (March) sound like a good deal. Should be the same weight as mine (or nearer enough) - lighter rim but heavier spoke (Supercomps are around £75). Cost me £325 - £345 inc build (£20), so for £263 you are getting a free build basically from Superstar. I'd be interested to see the Ti superleggera. Sounds tasty.
  • stu8975
    tdougan wrote:
    I was looking at the bike for a while - thinkin woah that's real nice, then it dawned on my where the picture was taken then I seen you were from sunderland! ;D
    Yep I'm a Mackem :-), Photo taken just beside Marsden Grotto along the cliff top path.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Thanks for the info mate, vid would be awesome if you get a chance. All the wheel options are pretty mind boggling, so I'm gonna try and come up with a shortlist and go from there. Agreed about the Ti hub, that could be sweet! :D

Good luck with the eye, hope it all goes well.
  • tdougan
    tdougan Posts: 152
    boo @ the Mackems!
    but
    hurrah @ the MTB and MTB'er! xD
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Anthem is my dream bike, i really hope i get it when im older