Coast to Coast with a twist????

Giant04
Giant04 Posts: 29
edited June 2009 in Routes
Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help, I'm hoping to ride from Saint Bees Head( I think thats right ) Back to my home town of Cleethorpes!
I've seen many a route ending in Robin Hood Bay but really want to finish at my front door if I can, Does anyone know of any routes that i can link to get me somewhere near?

Obviously I'd like it to be as much off road as possible.
I'm fairly good on a bike and so is the lad i'll be riding with so technical skills shouldn't be a problem

Still not made our minds up as to whether we'll camp or do B&B's and hostels, but then this will also depend on the route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• I knew I'd seen a book about this route.. Try this one http://www.mbruk.co.uk/mbruk_CoastToCoast_details.htm
  • Sorry, didn't read you post fully :( Not sure about finishing in Cleethorpes.
  • Blackadder
    Blackadder Posts: 187
    try C2C from Whitehaven until you meet the pennine Bridle way
    then Pennine Bridle way to Hull
    Over Humber Bridge then don't know where - sorry
    I hope at least some of it might help

Good Luck
  • rustynut
    rustynut Posts: 178
    I'm doing a mtb coast to coast in September, although I prefer to finish in Robin Hood's Bay. I've been looking at the maps and one route you could take to Cleethorpes, is divert from the Osmotherley using the Drover's Road to Kilburn, onto York and then use the York - Selby rail trail to the Humber Bridge and onto Cleethorpes. There is however a nice track called Rutland Rigg from Bloworth Crossing to Hutton le Hole and that would take you over the Howardian Hills to York.
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    yep, take a route across to york. take the trans pennine trail from the racecourse to doncaster and cut through the back roads of lince going through scunthorpe barton and killingholme.
    not many off road trails in north lincs, but this route is quiet back roads.
    or follow the TPT to selby, turn east to hull and cross the humber bridge, picking up barton that way.