Tour de Suisse Stage 7 *spoiler*

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,485
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Another Colombia win as Kim Kirchen times his attack to perfection to overhaul Kreuziger with about 125 metres to go.

Kreuziger had attacked at the foot of the final climb with Albasini only to drop the Swiss. Cancellara came in around 5th but 6 seconds or so back.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Balls - changed my PTP pick from Kreuziger to Tony Martin last minute........which explains why Martin ended up falling off twice :x
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    BOO YA!!! Get in Maximum PTP... Go on the Kirchen!

Brilliant finish. Columbia are working brilliantly as a team right now. That one - two up the final climb was wicked!

A :D
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Did they develop this parcours so that Sporticus could get a home win?

Strava is not Zen.
  • andyp
    It's looking that way. It's a tough uphill finish tomorrow though, which may seem him lose a couple of minutes.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    andyp wrote:
    It's looking that way. It's a tough uphill finish tomorrow though, which may seem him lose a couple of minutes.

the way he is going he can afford to lose about a minute and still be in with a shout
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    5 out of the 7 stages won by Columbia! That team is simply unreal. Ridiculously huge number of wins this season and last.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    They're the winningest team for sure.

Sorry, I had a Bob Stapleton moment there....

Still dislike them.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    To ad to the boredom of the whole event, coupled with the watery parcours, we now have had Columbia taking 5 of the 6 road stages.
    Providing Tony Martin is uninjured, they must be hot favourites for the team TT, too.
    Not bad for the US, "Dream Clean Team"; something of an Astana fan's wet dream, but hardly inspiring for the neutrals.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I guess I'm thinking the same as Mr Cunego and thinking that certain teams are riding too fast; much too fast. Bob Stapleton has had it up close and personal on how to win races at will being involved with Bruyneel/Armstrong a few years back.
    Columbia has got this race targeted due to it being in Switzerland which fits it's clothing brand. (Mountain gear and all that stuff). Columbia are taking the p+ss; as bad as Astana when Vino was leader. :roll:
    Stapleton would be too clever for anti dopers though; no smoke, no fire.
    Astana not on form since money problems have arisen. No money, no show.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • andyp
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Bob Stapleton has had it up close and personal on how to win races at will being involved with Bruyneel/Armstrong a few years back.
    I think you might be confusing Bob Stapleton with Bill Stapleton.

The former has, to the best of my knowledge, never been 'up and close and personal' with LA. He's not a blonde starlet for a start.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    To ad to the boredom of the whole event, coupled with the watery parcours, we now have had Columbia taking 5 of the 6 road stages.

I cannot see the early part of each stage but it seems that Saxo and High road are making sure they ride "Tempo" to keep Cancellera with minimal time loses at each finish.
    My hope today is that a Break forms and that they still have 3 mins as they go through SION but it's not going to change the Saxo tactics of nursing the Tank.

I and many others have been picking the Schleck Brothers to win Stages and there they are, only riding to Nurse the Tank.

To see Cavendish and Cancellera at the Finish of Mountain Stages is Ridiculous and for that I agree with Blazing Saddles except it's not so much watery parcours.

In any Race it's the Riders that make the Race
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Damn, my whole theory goes up in smoke. Bob, Bill, I don't know, maybe their brothers in a former life. :oops:
    I'll go and have a lie down and see what else I can make up.
    Thanks Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil