Clubs Wigan/Warrington

pabloweaver
pabloweaver Posts: 444
thought long and hard about this ( having had not the greatest experience moons ago with one ) but my current cycling pals are appearing less and less enthusiastic for the whole riding lark .... spent many years ploughing a solo furrow but after doing a couple of sportives on my own recently I thought ..sod it...find another bunch of like minded souls

so.....

what im looking for is clubs/groups in the Wigan or Warrington area that have a friendly and relaxed disposition and are happy to accomodate new people .

work commitments mean that my time can be hit and miss ( and i except that is not really how clubs prefer it ) but there is nothing really I can do about it ...

so if anyone knows of a friendly, tolerant and work/life balance understanding club in these area that are happy to get new blood ( I say new ....im nearer to 40 than id like to mention ! ) please let me know

lone cyclist, good level of fitness , seeks desparately seeking humans bike club for wheely good fun !

there...

that should do it :lol:
http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/

Great club in and around the Warrington area.

Comments

• phearnde
    phearnde Posts: 73
    I'd also be interested in a club.

I'm working in Warrington during the week, so I'd be up for a ride Mo-Th evenings
  • pabloweaver
    pabloweaver Posts: 444
    Hi , sorry for late reply .. ( 3 guesses ...work! ) ,have you had any joy linking up with anyone before I ask if anyone is available? What kind of routes do you do around Warrington area to give an idea of catch up point IF ( and trust me with my job most things these days are if !) i can sort something out?

regards

P
    http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/

Great club in and around the Warrington area.
  • jonnycon
    jonnycon Posts: 116
    Hey, if you find one drop me a line, various shift & weekend work makes it nigh on impossible to settle in but i too am fed up of lone sportive riding. PS I was born and bred Newton Le Willows.
  • gpw
    gpw Posts: 42
    Pablo, I also live in Newton, I have PM you with my details, I have just joined up with a few like minded souls, we go out on sundays about 50-60mile, Not a cycling club but very friendly buch. join in if you fancy it.
    Don\'t wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.
  • :D Lads there is a mountain bike club in warrington its mine :D go on www.allterrainroutes.co.uk you are wellcome to join, we appreciate that riders have jobs and there times are hard to meet new riders in clubs , warrington has never had a mountain bike club until now i started this in Febuary , and there was 3 riders who i met then i started the ball rolling by sending out flyers, and now growing AllterrainMBC is here to help you , oh and i'm 45 so age is nothing we have a guy called tony he's just turned 60 and he's like steam engine , so there is life after 40 :D feel free to contact me at any time . look forward to having new riders on board ... :)