Suspension Lockout Advice?

mossmotorsport
mossmotorsport Posts: 356
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
As some of you know, I recently bought an 07 GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc and I have done around 60 miles on it already, and love it. However I cannot work out how to work the "lockout" function on the suspension. Obviously you should turn it a certain way, and from what I understand the suspension should go fairly solid I think? New to this function, so what does it do, and what way should I turn my blue dial to enable it? Thanks guys!

P1000711.jpg

Tried turning it both up and down, and can't notice any bl**dy difference!
Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is the fork?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • SR Suntour X-100 (running original fork which is stock on the 07 Avalanche 1.0 I believe)
  • nicklouse
    being listed means nothing as specs can an do change :wink:

give me a moment.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    turn it fully clockwise
    I like bikes and stuff
  • nicklouse
    i think you have missed some letters of that.
  • Will there be more letters on inside of the fork? Thats all the sticker says on the side unfortunatly.
  • Jayske
    Jayske Posts: 26
    you turn it 170 degrees clockwise.

Mine snapped of pretty cheap grotty fork, like the black stanchion coating mind.
  • nicklouse
    with the locj straight back the fork should be locked. when rotated 90 degrees "out" it should be unlocked.

but the fork is not listed on the site but that is generic speed dial info.

if it is doing nothing and the bike is new i would be returning it.
  • Its second hand unfortunatly - but everything else works perfect, the suspension is great for off road, but in a way I dont even know what I should expect from locking the suspension. £170 for a £500 bike and 2x new tyres I cant complain too much can I? Thanks for the advice though guys.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They are good forks for what the price of the bike is - stiff and light. It is a custom OE model. The fork leg top adjuster can come away from the rod underneath it, is a fix for the system on the SR website.