Riders in Perth area

jenpen29
jenpen29 Posts: 14
edited August 2009 in Women
Looking to see if there are any lady friendly mountain biking clubs out and about near Perth and surrounding area.

Absolultely love getting out on my bike but my main riding buddy in this area is moving!!! :(

not a big fan of riding alone and would much prefer company to chat too and challenge me to go faster and higher!

J

Comments

• Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    I'm guessing Perth in Scotland?

We've had another lass from Scotland sign up in the last few days :)

No idea if you're close enough to meet up, though.
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • No, I think Inverness is at the top of the A9, which is a shame!

Welcome though - are there any mtb clubs near you?
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • nat84
    nat84 Posts: 12
    Hi i was the one that joined recently pity your just a wee bit to far away!! im looking for someone too, im sure we will find someone eventually!
    Im the same i love going out on my bike but dont really like going out on my own much better to hav company

Natalie x
  • nat84
    just realised I didnt actually say where im from !!! ......Inverness
  • jenpen29
    Yeh Inverness is pretty far. Thanks for replying though. I do go up to Laggan quite a lot with some friends and we also go to Aviemore cycling too so if we are in the area soon I could post it on here!!

There is a club in Perth but not checked it out yet. Seems to be mostly for the guys? I might be brave and try it
  • nat84
    there is a new bike shop that has just opened in Inverness and they are planning meeting up once a week, think its all guys tho but better than no one!! going to give it a try in couple weeks........hope they are not super fit!!!
  • Ditch Witch
    Well, if you go, maybe the guys will encourage their o/h to come :)
    I ride like a girl
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
  • yes. they should - women are naturally excellent at mtb, since it involves multi-tasking...! :wink:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Ditch Witch
    Ah, see, I can't multi-task. I'm a bit of a boy like that. I'm also excellent at parking and reading maps :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
  • nat84
    thats what i though if i go others may follow, if not at least ill learn more from going out with other people.
  • Ditch Witch
    That's true, but don't beat up on yourself if you can't keep up.

And, if you CAN keep up, then come back and brag about it :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
  • nat84
    I went out last night with the guys from local bike shop ( i didnt know anyone!) i think it was the best thing i could of done they were very welcoming and i didnt feel under pressure to keep up.
    I would definetly recommend this if you are struggling to find people to go out with................can wait til next week now :D
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Jenpen there's a bike club in Stirling who have quite a good website and a mountain bike section. I went along to their "come and try it event" last week (first Saturday of the month) and there was 4 girls and 4 guys - very welcoming.

Just google Stirling Bike Club and check out the forum
  • jenpen29
    Thanks for the comments

My friend who I go biking with is moving to Stirling so think I will try their first and then if I get brave go to Perth club although I don't think they met that often for mountain biking but will look into it.

Nat what biking shop did you go out with. I know a guy who works in a bike shop up in Inverness.

Can't wait to go out on the bike again soon
  • jenpen29
    edited August 2009
    ok
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Wondered what you were about to say there... :shock: :lol:
  • claireA
    claireA Posts: 1
    Hey
    I live just up the road from Perth (in Blairgowrie). If you're still looking for other girls to get out biking with it'd be cool to meet up sometime!
    Cheers,
    Claire
  • jenpen29
    Hey Claire , Yeh that would be cool. If you give me your email address I can send you my phone number.
  • jenpen29
    Claire I think I spoke to you ages ago about going out on Gumtree. I still have your email so will facebook you and we can arrange to go out.
  • Penoes
    Penoes Posts: 1
    Hi!

I just moved to Perth last month and am looking for folk to go out with as well. Let me know if you're still looking. I need to get exploring :)
  • jenpen29
    Yes got a few folk to go out with now but always welcoming more and don't go out all at the same time usually so it would be good to meet up. I could show you all the local riding spots too. When are you next free to go out. I am busy this weekend but ok for next sat, although I do like to get out during the week so feel free to get in contact anytime.
    It's always great to go out riding with different people