I'm Scaered!

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Just started watching my free 'History of the Tour' DVD.

Introduced by Sean Kelly.

He looks like a man possessed!
:shock:

I'm sure he's actually staring me out instead of making it ridiculously obvious he's reading the intro...

Comments

• Anonymous
    See how scared I am!!!!

I spelt Scared wrong!
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Is that the one where he's sitting at a café, as if he'd just been sipping a pint? Some director hadn't been warned that it's no good telling Kelly "Act natural!"

Then again, I wouldn't want to be the bloke to tell him "it was complete crap, let's start over another 15 or 20 times." 1) those eyes might cause your spontaneous combustion and 2) failing that, you'll just doze off after 3 takes.
  • Anonymous
    Heh heh, the very same!
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    I watched this the other week, thought it was pretty funny although he should have finished the bottle of wine and then he may well have relaxed :) Could have done with a bit of Duffers to help him out.
  • Dunkeldog
    Dunkeldog Posts: 138
    Duffers!? I needed a bottle of red to understand half of what he was going on about during the Dauphiné. The man was more wired than normal. Felt myself pining for Sean and David.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    It's classic eh, good old Kelly even a legend of presenter in his own special way :lol:
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Heh heh, the very same!

I got that DVD a couple of years ago - Classic! There is only one Sean Kelly.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    is a tenner worth it? I'm talking the whole thing, magazine and everything. I've got the DVD but just up until 2003
  • Anonymous
    It literally has a 'bonus' highlights of 2004,5,7 and 8.

Each highlight is about 5 mins.

Not worth getting just for that.

The map is just filler.

The A4 prints are nice though although not particularly high printing quality...
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Yep, the Shaun Kelly scenes cracked me up. He looks like a man who has killed and is ready to do so again, possibly imminently.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Can anyone from BikeRadar or Future tell me if I can just buy the magazine, and how much for? Like I say I've got the DVD and I'm not too bothered about all the other stuff.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    he did somestimes get called the cannibal in mid 80s as he was Mercx like in his grabbing wins every week months on end, lengthy spells of 1984 and 1986.. in 86 the only major gap in his palmares was cause he crashed at Tour de Suisse and so missed TDF

Milan - San Remo
    Paris - Roubaix
    Grand Prix des Nations
    Paris - Nice
    Tour of the Basque Country
    Tour of Catalonia
    Points Competition, Vuelta a España
    2 stages, Vuelta a España
    Critérium des As
    Super Prestige Pernod Trophy
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    funny story , my mate ended up on the same plane-small regional jet the day after Bettini won the worlds 2 years back and my mate said he could hardly believe that fact that Kelly and Bettini did not speak once from the departure lounge to the arrivals at other end-he watched them like a hawk...Bettini and whole family on flight...
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Worst DVD ever produced.
  • Anonymous
    Worst DVD ever produced.

Errrm. Yep.