French Holiday Horse Help

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited June 2009 in Tour & expedition
I’m off to the Alps in July to watch the tour and have a bit of a ride around the col's. I’m going with my good lady and also my riding partner and his good lady and kid.

Now the trade off with the ladies to permit plenty of cycling and tour watching, is that me and my riding buddy will look after their kid, whilst the ladies go horse riding/pony trekking and I committed to finding them a riding centre that would offer the like.

The only problem is I can’t find any real information anywhere about any local or nearby centers that offer such things.

Where we are is smack bang between Annecy and Le Grand Bornand in Thones, on the D909 and any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated; or I am going to have 2 very grumpy un-cycling friendly women on my hands!!!! :shock:

Cheers :D

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Did you try putting 'pony' and 'Thones' into Google?

According to http://www.chalet-les-fayards.com/eloisirs.htm, there are riding centres at:

- Thônes - rue Saint-Blaise, all year round, horses, ponies, indoor arena, riding and pony trekking.
    - Saint-Jean-de-Sixt tourist riding center "Les Allobroges".
    - La Clusaz, Patinoire pony club. Minimum age 4 years..
    - La Clusaz, Confins pony club. Minimum age 6 years.

Here's the link to the local Office du Tourisme website with prices and phone nuber for the riding centre in Thones:

http://www.thones-valsulens.com/index.j ... &exp=66641
  • sonny73
    Yep did that, which I would have thought got me at least 2/10 for effort!
    But genuinely thanks for looking andy :D

As said I didn’t find any real information (other than what you did) and to be 100% fair what I should have made much clearer was that I am terrible with French, so I was hoping someone could recommend a direct website for a center, that I could then translate via Google.

Still if not I will happily trot to the tourist info center or the riding center in Thones, phrase book in hand when I get there.
  • sonny73
    That's great, many thanks for that :D