Free Offroad Cycle Training in Swindon

PhillM
PhillM Posts: 36
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
This summer is your chance to have a go at off-road cycling in Swindon and it won’t cost you a penny. CTC’s Cycle Champions Project in Swindon is putting on 8 free one and a half hour off-road training sessions through the summer at the cycle track at Croft Country Park.

This is a fantastic opportunity to be given free off-road cycle training and tips from our fully qualified off-road skills instructor. As long as you can ride a bike, even if you don’t have a mountain bike, you are welcome to come along and give off-road cycling a go.

All sessions take place on Sundays and run from 1pm to 2.30pm (beginners) then 2.30pm to 4pm (some past experience).
The venue for the sessions is the off-road track at Croft Country Park near Nationwide.
Sessions take place on the following four Sundays:

· Sunday 28 June
· Sunday 26th July
· Sunday 23 August
· Sunday 20 September

To book your free off-road tuition or to reserve the use of a free bike, please contact Tamina Oliver on 07717 696672 or email tamina.oliver@ctc.org.uk

All ages and abilities very welcome, but under 16s must have parental consent. All levels of experience are catered for but all participants must already have the ability to ride a bike.

Comments

• ktm301p
    ktm301p Posts: 7
    Hi

: good idea: This sounds like good fun, is this good for people who are riding on mud for the first time? i've been riding off road for a while but would like to improve my skills further - is it worth me coming??

• ktm301p
    ktm301p Posts: 7
    Hi

: good idea: This sounds like good fun, is this good for people who are riding on mud for the first time? i've been riding off road for a while but would like to improve my skills further - is it worth me coming??

• Bossangel
    Bossangel Posts: 164
    I've emailed her yesterday but no response as yet.
    Why use brakes? Falling off is a much quicker way to stop
  • pete7
    pete7 Posts: 13
    i have mailed as well....no response.

i will ring on friday if i havent heard anything.

looking foirward to the trail building day on 28th Phil. see you there.

Pete
  • PhillM
    ktm301p wrote:
    Hi

I'd say this was perfect for you, and anyone else looking to improve their off-road cycling skills
  • PhillM
    pete7 wrote:
    i have mailed as well....no response.

i will ring on friday if i havent heard anything.

looking foirward to the trail building day on 28th Phil. see you there.

Pete

I know Tamina is in and out of the office, so it may take a day or two for her to get back to you. Might be easier to call if you still haven't heard anything after a few days.

The 28th should be a very productive day Pete - hopefully!
  • PhillM
    Information edited
  • PhillM
    :D