I just bought a new Mongoose Tyax Super 2007!

aberfeldyweather
aberfeldyweather Posts: 44
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
managed to track one down in a LBS for £320. Hydraulic brakes, XCR RL 100mm with lockout, SRAM. Pick up Thursday :D

I went into Halfords in Perth and was routinely ignored by staff even tho i was looking around the bikes for 10 minutes. Many bike shops I called re their websites did not actually have the bikes they advertised (and seemed miffed when I called them on it). Evans had no idea when they can deliver bikes even if you pay £15 priority. My own lbs were ok but did not really try and get my requirements and were keener just to upsale and offered no incentive to buy.

My point kind of is, apart from being happy about my new mtb, is that bike shops would seem not that bothered about selling bikes - or is it just me?

wiggle and sunset do the best bike pictures btw

Comments

• lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    about 65% off all bike shops i visit, the staff CBA, i used to work for a major retailer, with a lot of checks and mystery customers to see whats going wrong for the customers

halfords staff, ignored me for 15 minutes, guess they knew i only had £400 to spend
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    they ignored me when i went in there but as soon i went in with my dad they could get over quick enough.

they were surprised when it was me asking about diferent things and when i coughed up cash
  • Bluemoon39
    Bluemoon39 Posts: 168
    Nice ride, you'll love it 8)
    Mongoose Tyax Super 2008 with just a few upgrades...
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Photo of all new bikes in kitchen setting is required or you will be in breach of forum rules and your account will be deleted. 8)
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555 wrote:
    Photo of all new bikes in kitchen setting is required or you will be in breach of forum rules and your account will be deleted. 8)

lol :lol:

Thats my account scrubbed then! But in my defence you can barely fit a cat in my kitchen so a bike is a big nooo nooo :D