Tour de Suisse Stage 4 **Spoiler**

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Matti Breschel wins the sprint to the line from a breakaway group of 9 riders.

Crazy last few KM!

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    Andy Schleck was in the break too - they got almost 2 minutes on the rest of the field I think.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    andyp wrote:
    Andy Schleck was in the break too - they got almost 2 minutes on the rest of the field I think.

Bout a minute and a half I think.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,485
    Thanks. They stopped giving timings on ticker I was following.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    1'-03" on the peloton. Tadej Valjavec now leads the GC by 2" from Schleckette.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Following the Ticker it wasn't very clear who was doing what in the peloton, but it seems incredible that Liquigas and Astana gave away a full minute to Andy Schleck in a stage like this!
    Wish I had followed up my PTP choice of two days ago....
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    i watched the stage

whole thing split apart with riders spread all over the road..

the main peloton mopped them all up except the 9 out front

at one stage astana rode on the front despike iglinsky in the break.. thining of klodei

LIQ bluffed that astana would do all the work.... Columbia and cervelo came to the front with about 20km to go and reduced a 2.30ish gap to 1.03 secs

lead group started attacking each other in the last 5km

AG2r had efimkin and tadj in the break which helped the break roll along with Andy taking big turns on the front
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    i watched the stage
    Live, or is this on telly? and if yes, what channel please?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    ju5t1n wrote:
    i watched the stage
    Live, or is this on telly? and if yes, what channel please?

steephill tv links to DSF via justintv and the sportitalia 24 link that blaze gave out

sportitalia link delayed..
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow! AP Photos

610x.jpg

Reuters

610x.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest