Lance and Levi test new trek bikes in Carbondale TT

richeyhughes
richeyhughes Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Aspen CO has become a training camp for US based Astana riders lately. With Lance and Levi dropping in unanaounced at alocal TT to test there bikes out.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 8be3c02d51
rhughes

Comments

• markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Mmm looks like quite a departure from the normal shape, though its hard to tell when its all disguised like that.

Maybe its not a Trek?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    The same one alberto has been riding?

http://www.velonews.com/photo/gallery/93128

GW_conto_TT_09.jpg

GW_conto_TT_01.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • What a total affront to good taste that bike is :(
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    What a total affront to good taste that bike is :(

Just a dodgy paint job to hide a lot of the new features.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's all viral marketing, they know that if they ride a new bike and get people to take some photos then soon enough people will be posting images online.

Personally I'm a bit stumped, "pro cyclist tries new frame" is not really a big deal but others seem very excited by it.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Not a big LANCE fanboy myself, but, can you imagine him turning up at your local evening 10!!! Super cool that he is prepared to do this testing out in the open and not behind closed doors or a controlled environment.

I'm surprised no-one has noticed how similar cerain features of this bike is to the CANYON prototype shown at eurobike trade show a few years ago. The concealment of the brakes in the fork and rear are identical.
    [/img]
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Is it time to start dope-testing the paint design department at Trek? I'm not sure this is just an awful paintjob deisgned to hide features. Look at LA's Giro bike; that was an awful paintjob, period.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Somehow I quite like the paint job. :oops: :D
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    funny bit at the front around the stem... paint cant hide how minging that is.