Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Kickstands

thelawnetthelawnet Posts: 719
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
Your thoughts please.

Posts

  • Eau RougeEau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2009
    http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2009-06-15

    Excellent comic, returns on Wesdesday, though the current holding strip is very appropriote for around here.....

    One of the bikes in the bike shed has one. They look incredibly stupid on any sort of modern bike, they look perfect on a rusty dutch city bike/cruiser thing.
  • roger_merrimanroger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    useful if you need them, if you lockup next to lampposts etc saves the bike scraping down the pole etc. but fairly ugly etc.
  • redddraggonredddraggon Posts: 10,862
    thelawnet wrote:
    Your thoughts please.

    facepalm.jpg
    I like bikes...

    Twitter
    Flickr
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,015
    but fairly ugly etc.

    But surely someone makes a nice, superlight one in carbon fibre weave with natty red and white stripes etc? Infact, I'm sure I saw a Yumeya kickstand.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • AndyMancAndyManc Posts: 1,393
    I want one :shock: , no I don't :P , yes I do :oops:

    ermmm, depends what bike you have.

    To be honest I have thought about getting one for my commute/shopping hardtail, they would be useful for loading up 2 panniers.


    .
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • roger_merrimanroger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    AndyManc wrote:
    I want one :shock: , no I don't :P , yes I do :oops:

    ermmm, depends what bike you have.

    To be honest I have thought about getting one for my commute/shopping hardtail, they would be useful for loading up 2 panniers.


    .

    well yup, my big hybrid has one and for that bike makes sense, for the others no!
  • edhornbyedhornby Posts: 1,780
    I had one on a bike and it gouged a hole in my leg - I went to northwich infirmary and they stiched me

    I was 6 years old

    Dad took it off for me

    never had one since !!
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • thelawnetthelawnet Posts: 719
    Why do I ask? I couldn't help thinking my new Giant mtb hybrid job could do with a kickstand to help load 15kg of daughter onto her child seat at the back of the bike

    And also that it looks a bit odd to have bike lying on the ground rather than standing up.

    I am completely clueless however....
  • GussioGussio Posts: 2,452
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2009-06-15

    Excellent comic, returns on Wesdesday, though the current holding strip is very appropriote for around here.....

    One of the bikes in the bike shed has one. They look incredibly stupid on any sort of modern bike, they look perfect on a rusty dutch city bike/cruiser thing.

    The Yehuda Moon strip is wonderful. Found it through the last issue of CTC magazine and work has suffered since.
  • AndyMancAndyManc Posts: 1,393
    thelawnet wrote:
    Why do I ask? I couldn't help thinking my new Giant mtb hybrid job could do with a kickstand to help load 15kg of daughter onto her child seat at the back of the bike

    And also that it looks a bit odd to have bike lying on the ground rather than standing up.

    I am completely clueless however....

    Sounds a good idea, you will need a heavy duty one, drop in at your local bike shop and tell them what you want.


    .
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • alfabluealfablue Posts: 8,497
    SJS Cycles have about a dozen different models.
  • sarajoysarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I have one.

    I think it probably looks terrible to those who like their bike to look cool.

    But I'm the type to wear dodgy tank-tops on purpose, so the dorkier the better!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • heftyriderheftyrider Posts: 70
    Mark Beaumont had one when he cycled round the world.

    So if he needed it on one small journey with no kids, I think it's a must for you :D
Sign In or Register to comment.