UCI Bio Passport latest

Kléber
Kléber Posts: 6,842
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Lionel Birnie of CW/Cyclesport is suggesting that the riders who will be named and shamed are essentially those who have already been banned for recent doping offences. I'm not sure exactly who he means but think he means the likes of Pfannberger, Kohl or Rebellin.

If the riders are being informed today then Birnie suggests it will take time for the news to leak out, it's unlikely there will be a press release with a "wanted" list.

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Did Pat actually ever say the list would be made public, rather than just communicated to the relevant teams?

Strava is not Zen.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    edited June 2009
    Straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak):

"We [have] targeted research on a fifty riders," said McQuaid, according to L'Equipe. "Federations, teams and riders will gradually be informed in the coming days. I can not imagine that teams [will] bring riders covered on the list to the Tour de France."

I don't think the riders' names will be relased to the public, so I imagine there could be a few who suddenly become ill/injured before the start of the TdF.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    calvjones wrote:
    Did Pat actually ever say the list would be made public, rather than just communicated to the relevant teams?

He said the teams/riders would find out first, then the Federations and then the list would be made public in a few days.

"They will be informed early next week, we will inform their teams and national federations and then we will make a public statement, naming the riders. The process has already started."

Maybe he has changed his mind. Again.