Get Lost Bazayev?

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
edited June 2009 in Pro race
I wondered why the Kazakh champ was listed for Switzerland, but did not start.

Now, reading a rumour that Astana have just suspended Assan Bazayev for 2 weeks for pulling a Rasmussen.(lying about his whereabouts)
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    Since I put this on here, yesterday and now we have a second thread.
    I wonder how long before another Astana thread is started on this:-
    http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... te_renners
    Sporza seem to think the curtain will definitely come down at 5pm tomorrow, just in time for the Tour all change.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Astana secured USD9m from a "mystery American company operating in the Kazak market" today
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I thought that was old news, but we're waiting for the company to be named.

Back to Bazayev, isn't misleading on your whereabouts a disciplinary offence under the WADA code? Rule 2.4:
    ARTICLE 2: ANTI-DOPING RULE VIOLATIONS
    The following constitute anti-doping rule violations...
    ...2.4 Violation of applicable requirements regarding Athlete availability for Out-of-Competition Testing including failure to provide required whereabouts information and missed test which are declared based on reasonable rules.
    In other words, is a slap on the wrist from Bruyneel the correct sanction or should the UCI or Kazakh Federation get on the case here?
  • iainf72
    Bit more on the financial woes

http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=53088

It was does make me wonder what's happening in the background. Vino pulling the strings and the UCI desperately trying to cut those strings?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I can't think of another example where a DS has been "at war" with his sponsors and is trying to wrestle the team away from them. The UCI seems to be insisting on additional guarantees, which in part will ensure riders do get paid but at the same time these measures are beyond anything in the rulebook and so can't be enforced that easily.
  • blazing_saddles
    It all comes down to the fact that the recently returned one cannot follow orders, only give them.
    He has the UCI in his pocket and if, necessary, rule bending, will become rule breaking, just to give Pat's golden child what he wants.

Contador is sounding very unhappy, in today's press, about his Tour team rivals.
    I think the truth has suddenly hit him between the eyes.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Kléber wrote:
    I can't think of another example where a DS has been "at war" with his sponsors and is trying to wrestle the team away from them. The UCI seems to be insisting on additional guarantees, which in part will ensure riders do get paid but at the same time these measures are beyond anything in the rulebook and so can't be enforced that easily.

Closest I can think of is the Active Bay wranglings that led to the establishment of the Astana team. Born of trouble one might say
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Astana secured USD9m from a "mystery American company operating in the Kazak market" today

LanceA the donor? For LA's company to rest pro tour license off kazhaks would impossible before the TDF starts hence he donates?? so the team gets to the startline :lol:
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:
    LanceA the donor? For LA's company to rest pro tour license off kazhaks would impossible before the TDF starts hence he donates?? so the team gets to the startline :lol:

Lance doesn't operate in the Kazak market. All he knows about the Kazak's is what he learnt from Borat (pity it's about America really, but hey ho)

Vino not eligible to start racing and the UCI deadline for the cash was 18 minutes ago. I wonder if the team still exists?
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    2 weeks? eh?

he's on the longlist for their tour team now.
  • I wondered why the Kazakh champ was listed for Switzerland, but did not start.

Now, reading a rumour that Astana have just suspended Assan Bazayev for 2 weeks for pulling a Rasmussen.(lying about his whereabouts)[/quote
    Did he miss his injections?
    Dan