orbea mountain bikes

samuipirate
samuipirate Posts: 12
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
hello, I'm thinking of buying a ORBEA COMPAIR 2009 hard-tail.....
i would appreciate any view or advice on this mountain bike...or any other recommended bikes for just under £1000.............cheers :roll:
other makes ive considered...
1.Orbea
2.Norco
3.Cube :?

Comments

• canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    That Orbea looks sweet.

But for the money you probably can get a really nice 2008 bike.

Seen the focus in wiggle with 400.00 fox forks for just over 700.00 ?

Have a look around you can get better spec for that price.

Cube have a good spec for the money, but if it was me, I would be looking at last years model, get so much more :wink:
  • Jonesy.
    Jonesy. Posts: 94
    The Orbea does look nice. You might be able to find some reviews of the other bikes here:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-hardta ... 27crx.aspx

I love the look of the Cube bikes, I hear they ride well too. Personally, I'd get the best frame you can find for the money, and then upgrade components at a later date. Depends what you want the bike for though.

As canada16 says, see if you can find some 08 bikes on a knockdown price - you could end up getting a £1500 bike for under a grand. But make sure you try before you buy...
    3638691414_5b54d86f20.jpg
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    The Boardman Pro is also worth considering that price point.

Review here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... o-09-34707
  • thank for your opinions :D
  • hello, I'm thinking of buying a ORBEA COMPAIR 2009 hard-tail.....
    i would appreciate any view or advice on this mountain bike...or any other recommended bikes for just under £1000.............cheers :roll:
    other makes ive considered...
    1.Orbea
    2.Norco
    3.Cube :?

hi , thanks for asking .....i would have another orbea compair any day ! im also near to buying an orbea occam soon !
    i have had nothing but pleasure out of my copmair , all i have changed was the hanldebars/pedals.......oh and now the bb / crank (cost me £80 )