V-Brake Lead Pipe ... 90 or 135 degree ?

fly_killer
fly_killer Posts: 17
edited July 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
hey guys :)

i wanna replace the lead pipes on my v-brakes but am wondering what these 135 degree pipes are for.

anyone know why these 135 lead pipes exist ? ... are they for road bikes or do they eneble better return action for the arms or something ?

i've tried looking for info on the net but haven't found anything yet.

later :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    for front left levers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Davebo777
    Davebo777 Posts: 44
    More to the point ... who on earth decided this was 135 degrees ? Not in my geometry lessons.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Who on earth thought it was appropriate to resurrect a 9 year old thread....you!

And it clealry is 135 degrees in the same way a hairpin bend is 180 degrees.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Davebo777
    Davebo777 Posts: 44
    The Rookie wrote:
    Who on earth thought it was appropriate to resurrect a 9 year old thread....you!
    Fair point.
    The Rookie wrote:
    And it clealry is 135 degrees in the same way a hairpin bend is 180 degrees.
    'Tisn't
    http://math.tutorcircle.com/geometry/how-to-construct-a-135-degree-angle.html
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FFS.

Carry on...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    3 months to come back and make himself look a dick!

It bends through 135 degrees, that's not the same as an included angle of 135 degrees, in the same way a hairpin bend turns through 180 degrees.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'll remember to check in to this thread in October for more fail.

Rookie's right.