cycle up snowden

scoobywrx
scoobywrx Posts: 111
edited July 2009 in Routes
I have been thinking of cycling up snowdon. Has anybody else here thought about it or even done. Keen to hear
kendoddsdadsdogsdead

Comments

• Hi, I did it last weekend and the two hours up is a bit of a grueler (40% riding 60% pushing/carrying) but the 15-20 minutes down is the best of my life. I dont know where I coukld go for the same thrill, makes llandegla black (my local) look like a cycle path!
  • Aye, I did it last year on a Saturday evening. 1hr 30 up and 18 minutes down.
    (I think we probably managed to ride 75% going up and 100% coming down!
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    Did Snowdon up and down the Llanberis path a few weeks ago. Amazing! :D:D:D

It's pretty technical in places and you can easily get yourself into trouble if you get too carried away on the faster sections. Had a particularly scary moment myself but managed to get down without a crash or pinch flat in the end :lol:

Beware there is a bike ban during the summer - bikes aren't allowed between the hours of 10:00 - 17:00. In any case there will be loads of walkers during those times and that will seriously interrupt your fun.

The best time to go is on a weekday evening. If you start at 17:00 you should be able to get up and down before sunset no problem. Would not recommend doing it solo though just incase.

Check the weather before you go too as it can get very nasty up there.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor/mo ... ssure.html

Stu
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi, I did it last weekend and the two hours up is a bit of a grueler (40% riding 60% pushing/carrying) but the 15-20 minutes down is the best of my life. I dont know where I coukld go for the same thrill, makes llandegla black (my local) look like a cycle path!
    I love llandegla, it's really good fun, but it really IS a cyclepath, basically.

As for the weather on Snowdon, er. I wouldn't recommend it for probably the next fortnight, there's clouds up there at the moment that look like something out of a ghostbusters film. :shock:
    My sister's meant to be coming over tomorrow to go walking up it, but I seriously doubt that's happening.
  • busta gonad
    busta gonad Posts: 162
    Shouldn't that be cycling down Snowdon :wink:

Anyone ridden the Ranger path, how goes it.