Fuji, Katusha and LPR not invited to Vuelta

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2009 in Pro race
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12062009/ ... uelta.html

No Pettachi then.

And no Cav so we might not know who is going to win the sprints! Exciting!
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Blimey thats not a good look for Katusha and millionaire backers is it. Also i know LPR have a very suspect past (and Kit!), but I would like to see them ride the tours.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Its good to see we can rely on the Spanish to deal with the doping issue when no other nation will :?
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Oh well - maybe that means DiLuca will do the Tour of Britain again ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    The full list of participating teams is AG2R La Mondiale, Andalucía Cajasur, Astana, Bbox Bouygues Telecom, Caisse d´Epargne, Cervélo TestTeam, Cofidis, Contentpolis-Ampo, Euskaltel-Euskadi, Française Des Jeux, Garmin-Slipstream, Lampre-NGC, Liquigas, Quick-Step, Rabobank, Silence-Lotto, Columbia-Highroad, Milram, Saxo Bank, Vacansoleil and Xacobeo Galicia.

So, no dodgy outfits there, then. Surprised Liberty Seguros haven't made a comeback. :roll:
    LPR: A Pitiful payback?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    I hope a last wild card for Mauricio Soler team, what a pity that barlo. is out.

Even no very inteligent decision have a Vuelta without Peta and Di Luca
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I think Unipublic know only too well that LPR's top riders would take the race only as a preparation for the Worlds. Why invite a team if you know their leader will quit the race after two weeks. Katusha's exclusion is hardly a surprise, and Fuji pay for their supreme anonymity this season. I have time to forget what Fuji's kit looks like between the moments where they have riders at the front of a race.

Who do you think will be Cervelo's captain there? Surely Sastre will skip that one.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    I'm pleased for Vacansoleil, they've been quietly picking up results this season, and they seem to be a really well run team.