Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré. Stage 5. *Spoiler*

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Will get this one rolling....

50KM or so to go. Bottom of the last big climb.

Four riders have escaped with a break of over 7 minutes : Arrieta (AG2R), Perez (Euskaltel), Willems (Liquigas) and Christophe Kern (Cofidis).

Comments

• Pokerface
    Peleton now 5 mins back with 20KM to go
  • monkey71
    monkey71 Posts: 24
    EVANS, truly believe he's on some good form at the moment
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Millar's with the "peloton" of Evans, Contador, Valverde halfway up the Ventoux
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    am impressed by David Millar...looks comfortable...can't remember him riding this well even when using in 2003 Dauphine
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    What is duffers on?????????
  • Kléber
    The camera really makes the road look flat. It's a steep ramp up to Chalet Reynard.
  • jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    commentary is so painful it's untrue i might have to turn the sound off
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells
  • Pokerface
    markwalker wrote:
    What is duffers on?????????

He has to be the worst commentator in all of professional sport. Bumbling, stuttering fool.
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    Is Basso waiting for Nibali?
  • Pokerface
    edited June 2009
    Valv.Piti now at the front with Szmyd with 4KM to go. 1 min 10 lead
  • jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    not just duffers.

"evans hasn't got any teamates with him" neither do any of the others as far as i can see!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    Is Evans having his wheel sucked??
  • Pokerface
    Valv.Piti almost 2 minutes (1"48') in head now with 2KM to go.

Contador wheelsucking Evans as they try and pull Valv back.
  • Pokerface
    Valv over 2 minutes ahead and riding into Yellow
  • markwalker
    did valverde just wait for Schnidt?
  • Pokerface
    Valverde beaten at the line by Szymd but rides into the only Yellow Jersey he's going to be wearing for a long, long time.
  • markwalker
    Pokerface wrote:
    Valverde beaten at the line by Szymd but rides into the only Yellow Jersey he's going to be wearing for a long, long time.

Looked like Valverde waited to me, perhaps that was the price of his yellow jersey?
  • Kléber
    Looked like Szymd dropped his chain. Valverde waited for the Pole to come back and take the stage. They clearly had an agreement to share the work on the exposed windy section from Chalet Reynard.

Millar very impressive today.
  • markwalker
    Kléber wrote:
    Looked like Szymd dropped his chain. Valverde waited for the Pole to come back and take the stage. They clearly had an agreement to share the work on the exposed windy section from Chalet Reynard.

Millar very impressive today.

agreed
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Nice for Szymd to take a win after his hard work in the Giro.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    he gave it to him. Good move on Valv Piti's part..

Why did i not pick him for the PTP, its obvious that he wants to make a point to the Tour organisers...
  • Pokerface
    Ironic that today CONI handed over all the evidence proving Valverde's blood was indeed in bag 18. Now it's with the UCI to look over and decide if he gets a worldwide ban.
  • Kléber
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Good move on Valv Piti's part..

Why did i not pick him for the PTP, its obvious that he wants to make a point to the Tour organisers...
    That's why I picked him, he's going to have July off so he has something to prove and every reason to ride into the red. But there's a long way to go and apparently the UCI got the CONI papers today, so he could well be banned from racing before Sunday!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Right.
    Hands up all those who think Contador is a boring, wheel-sucking tw*t?
    Turned a potentially exciting stage into a damp squib.
    Never off Evan's wheel, until Cadel finally got the better of the limp limpet.

No? a tactical genius no doubt. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    Right.

he looked a bit ordinary to me

ride by millar

duffers is doing my ffffing head in
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    edited June 2009
    Very good stage...to see Basso suffer and Millar suffer and stay 4th overall...if you assume they are clean, is a good sign pre Tour. Why o why Millar has taken to 32 to start climbing well... :?
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    I want Sean Kelly back, please.
  • Kléber
    Right.

Maybe he's having a bad day and certainly he looks a bit off form, following Evans is all he needs to do. He said he's here as a "spectator".
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    csp wrote:

I had to turn the sound down at one stage the commentary was so inane and WRONG
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pokerface
    csp wrote:

Certainly.