Roses Round sportive

Anybody doing this? Bit concerned that the start list isn't even up yet, seeing as the event is on Sunday.

Comments

• emjayjay
    emjayjay Posts: 39
    yep, there's a couple of threads already about this, and the starting list is on the website now!
  • Thanks, I had a quick browse but didn't notice any.
  • Everyone have a good day? After looking ropey for most of the week the weather was absolutely brilliant, wasn't it? We did this last year, and not sure whether it was our start time but there seemed to be far fewer people about than last time. There were maybe half a dozen people on the catlow Fell climb that we could see, then three or four coming out of Stainforth. Then we saw virtually no-one until I got passed by a couple of lads near halton west and I caught a guy on the last climb (twice, as I decided to take a short detour to a motorcycle event part way up the climb...).

Wonder it's because it clashes with Great Yorks Bike Ride? Cost's fairly low and the organisation seems good enough, and it's a really good route - probably deserves more entries.
  • Yup, was a good un. Fairly low key event, not many competitors at all. Not too impressed with the idiots that decided to take the markings down though, quite a few junctions were unmarked (we were warned of this by the lady at the 2nd feed stop though).

It was a good route and no stupidly tough climbs, so happy with that! I crossed the line at 4hrs 34mins, but there was nobody there with a stop watch, so not sure what my "official" time is, because we had to go into the building where you register to let the organiseres know we had finished. The weather turned out okay, but there was a tough headwind on a long stretch of road in the last few miles, not sure of the roads name though?
  • Yep I rode with Once_In_A_Blue_Moon and the road markings at some locations left a bit to be desired like the first fast descent where we overshoot it at 30mph as it was cancelled in a bush, but other than that had a cracking day. Weather was great had a head wind for the last 10-15 miles that sapped your legs.
    But bit annoying is the last 5 miles or so there was no road markings really? Me and Once_In_A_Blue_Moon wondering when the finish would arrive. It's nice to have an idea off the finish so you could give a little to get to the finish line?
  • Mr Italianwannabedude you had nothing left to give! I was dragging you round the last 10 miles! Ah well, plenty of slipstream practice for you 8)

Anybody else do it? Was a small event mind, especially as it clashed with the Dragon Ride