1st Post

NormalD
NormalD Posts: 145
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi,

Just come back to MTB having done a little bit years ago. Started in Feb on the old bone shaker and just bought a new Commencal Normal Disk (Got it from Merlin Bikes who were great, ordered Thursday lunch, arrived Friday lunch. Perfectly set up just tightened the bars and off I went).

Great site and a very helpful and informative forum.

I'll be back to ask questions when something breaks or I find something shiny to buy.
Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Welcome to the money pit! :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Welcome, I predict that within 4 months you will be looking at ridiculously expensive rigs with an itchy Visa finger... :lol:
  • oh aye!

welcome!
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Klein XC
    Klein XC Posts: 35
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll be skint and surrounded by a pile of new MTB parts and accessories before you know it! :D

I'll second the thumbs up about Merlin Cycles - I order a lot of online stuff from them, always turns up the next day, and it's usually cheaper than anywhere else. Makes it easy to spend a lot of money with them :?
    "Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." Spike Milligan.
  • NormalD
    So far (since last Friday)I've only bought a pair of riding shades, a lock,a bottle and cage.

Now looking at :-

Panaracer tyres
    Slime tubes
    a small pump
    crud catcher
    ect
    ect
    ect......

I think I'm going to be good at this.
    Normal Disk 2009

Alfa 156 SW
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Welcome, I predict that within 4 months you will be looking at ridiculously expensive rigs with an itchy Visa finger... :lol:

This is so true. I've had mine almost exactly 4 months and already looking at another :lol:

It's just too easy justify when it's getting you out the house and getting you fit.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    NormalD wrote:
    Panaracer tyres
    Slime tubes
    a small pump
    crud catcher
    If you get a crud catcher, only get the rear. The front's usually have a tendancy to cut you open when you crash. The plastic edge is surprisingly sharp!!

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the slime tubes. I've only had bad times with them, and alot of others would say similar. However, some folks get on with them. Me, personally, just buy a thicker inner tube!

The pump and the tyres are good ideas though. Have you seen the Specialized Wind Pipe? It's good because if you have an air shock or fork, you can use it for that too, aswell as your tyres. Even if you don't, you may upgrade your bike / fork to one with either an air shock, or just an air supplement, so it's a wise invetment 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • NormalD
    Have you seen the Specialized Wind Pipe? It's good because if you have an air shock or fork, you can use it for that too, aswell as your tyres. Even if you don't, you may upgrade your bike / fork to one with either an air shock, or just an air supplement, so it's a wise invetment 8)

Ooh, Shiny. And 1/4 of an excuse to get air forks. 8)
    Normal Disk 2009

Alfa 156 SW
  • want. one.
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08