The next stage..........................

jake_clyro
jake_clyro Posts: 41
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi guys

Hows it going?

I have been mountain biking proper now for a about 2 years. I bought a trek 6000 to get to grips with the basics and have been mainly doing XC, getting to grips with anything and everything bike related.

I now feel at the stage where i have the basics nailed and i'm trying to learn more skills, however i feel the XC side of things isn't interesting me as much anymore.

now I don't want to neglect it completely and love singletrack but want to explore the freeride and maybe DH side of mountain biking.

what options have io got bike wise. should i upgrade my trek to make more suited to the other styles or should I be looking to save and buy a bike more suited to free ride DH type riding?

i'm sorry its very vague but any reccomendations, advice etc would be appreciated.

thanks
You've got to burn it to earn it!!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You need to define what you mean by DH and FR. By the usual definitions, your bike will cut it.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    If you are getting bored of XC (which is the impression I'm getting from your post) have you been to any of the trail centres. Most of the trails are more technical and certainly have more technical features per metre than you average bit of natural singletrack.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    Why not just get a decent 5-6 inch travel all mountain rig , you can use it for just about any style of riding then, I use my reign for allsorts from uplift days to enduros , just sold my dh bike cos I haven't used it since the reign arrived
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.