Oxford to Cambridge bike ride.

TezR
TezR Posts: 2
Hi planning to do the O to C in September. Started training about six weeks ago having not rode a bike regularly for a long time; gradually worked up to three or four twenty milers now, and did the Norwich 50 last weekend, so hopefully heading in the right direction?

Planning to take part in the Essex Castle 50 and the Suffolk Coast 60, anyone had experience of either event or more pertinently the Oxford to Cambridge?

Thanks

Comments

• Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    I did the Oxford - Cambridge a few years ago. A really nice ride, gets flatter as it goes along. Can't remember where exactly, but theres a nice downhill run with a cattle grid at the bottom - there's still a search party out looking for my testicles :shock:
  • _krusty
    _krusty Posts: 16
    I did it last year and can say it's well worth the effort. Weather was a bit dodgey (well, it was September I suppose) and we spent the first 3 hours riding through fog until the sun finally came through. At least it wasn't pi**ing it down :)

Can't remember any real "killer" climbs but I'm sure you'd find a GPS profile of it somewhere if you Google hard enough,

Like yourself I just started doing 50m ridres pretty regularly and a 70m run about 2 weeks before hand.