Norwich 100 - Was I wrong?

I rode the Norwich 100 at the weekend and had a great time (as usual) despite the weather.

Apart from one thing ...

There were two riders (charity team) who insisted on dropping their empty energy wrappers after they had finished with them. I was fairly abrupt with one of them and pointed out that
he should carry them back to a bin.

Was I wrong?

Comments

• holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    No you're not wrong, how much space does an empty wrapper take up in the back pockets. Nothing worse looking than a litter stewn road. :cry:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I rode the Norwich 100 at the weekend and had a great time (as usual) despite the weather.

Apart from one thing ...

There were two riders (charity team) who insisted on dropping their empty energy wrappers after they had finished with them. I was fairly abrupt with one of them and pointed out that

Was I wrong?

Well I think you already know the answer to that one...anyone who does that intentionally has no respect at all for this country....selfish gits who think theyre on the TDF....but good thing is we now know they are riders from CHARITY TEAM...I think everyone on this forum should name and shame guys they see doing this..by either clocking there club or rider number.
  • I thought I'd check as it has always be a huge taboo in both the cycle & tri clubs, but wasn't 100%.

I didn't get his number and haven't been able to locate the "team" through Yahoo! / Google.

It just makes me furious as I know how hard people work to set up and marshal these events and every year it gets more difficult to get permission due the the terrible behavior of a selfish few.
  • RR75
    RR75 Posts: 23
    I'm with you - definitely let people know that litter is unacceptable
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    RICHYBOYcp wrote:
    Well I think you already know the answer to that one...anyone who does that intentionally has no respect at all for this country.....

It's OK to litter abroad though. Actually I don't think I have any respect for this country...but I don't litter.

I tend to see this as more of an environmental issue, and I have tremendous respect for the environment.
  • nasahapley
    nasahapley Posts: 717

Apart from one thing ...

Was I wrong?

Yes you were wrong. You should have been extremely abrupt, and possibly have threatened violence. I really really can't stand litter, and I can't understand what goes on in the heads of people who get out on their bikes/feet/whatever to appreciate the more pleasant areas of our small island, and then treat it like a dustbin. It isn't just in the UK though, I was amazed at the amount of empty gels wrappers, bottles etc on Mont Ventoux last summer. Isn't the place meant to be a kind of Mecca for cyclists? But still there's sh1t all over the place. Does my head in.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    nasahapley wrote:
    Yes you were wrong. You should have been extremely abrupt, and possibly have threatened violence. .

Why stop there - D-Lock to the back of the head before they even know you're there. That'd do it. :P