British Nationals on TV?

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Does anyone know if this years British National road race championships will be on TV?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Doubt it.
  • They've had some Prem events though, so maybe? Would be good.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Eurosport normally shows it.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    Yeah it's usually on Eurosport several times the week after the race, so I expect it'll be the same this year, as they've been showing the Premier Calendar events.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Should be some fireworks with the big names riding - Cav, Millar, Geraint Thomas, Hammond plus the home boys Russ Downing, Newton & Hayles
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Excellent -- the battle of the ex-pats verses the local big fishes.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    Excellent -- the battle of the ex-pats verses the local big fishes.

Am I wrong in hoping one of the 'Big' boys wins it. Would be nice to see the National Road jersey in Le Tour, and other races - rather than in UK races.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    AndyRAC, I fully agree!

None moreso than Cavebdish himself...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    The Columbia-High Road kit is junk*, so Cav would be better off in the Nat Champs jersey.

*willhub terminology
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    Correct me if I'm wrong (now's your chance people!), but I thought Rob Hayles won last year?

So why is Dean Downing wearing the jersey in the Tour Series? Don't get me wrong the Rapha version looks cracking, but I was sure Rob won it....
  • Jokull
    Jokull Posts: 248
    Correct me if I'm wrong (now's your chance people!), but I thought Rob Hayles won last year?

So why is Dean Downing wearing the jersey in the Tour Series? Don't get me wrong the Rapha version looks cracking, but I was sure Rob won it....

Hayles won the Road Championship, Dean won the Criterium Championship. The Tour Series races are criteriums, so Dean gets to wear his jersey.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    Jokull wrote:

Hayles won the Road Championship, Dean won the Criterium Championship. The Tour Series races are criteriums, so Dean gets to wear his jersey.

Heck, I didn'y know there was a jersey for Criteriums.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    i am deliberately trying to operate the law of sod here - i dont see how Cav can win it. The other riders will be desperate to break away as a bunch sprint is a formality, and if a break goes who is going to chase it down and tow Cav to the front?
    really hope I am wrong it would be great to see the British Champion Jersey on his shoulders winning TDF stages
    i am sure he has a plan..........
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A Cervelo rider will win it - there's four of them.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Wasn't it slipped out a few weeks back that the "British team" is going to have a crack at this in preparation for 2012 i.e. Brailsford's boys though wearing their own team colours will come together to practice dragging Cav to the finish?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The local lads are usually keen to test themselves against the real pros and so each time one of the European-based pros so much as lifts his backside off the saddle, 20 domestic riders prepare to jump on his wheel.

Judging by the way Millar is riding, the late escape on Monday, the TT yesterday, Ventoux today, he's in a league beyond everyone else and I'd like to see him win again.

Last time he won, he and Dan Lloyd escaped for a long time, Lloyd was more unknown at the time.
    20070805_NATIONAL_RR_CHAMPS_01.JPG
  • AndyRAC wrote:
    Am I wrong in hoping one of the 'Big' boys wins it. Would be nice to see the National Road jersey in Le Tour, and other races - rather than in UK races.

Just like in previous years?

1. David Millar

1. Roger Hammond

1. Roger Hammond
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Kléber wrote:
    The local lads are usually keen to test themselves against the real pros and so each time one of the European-based pros so much as lifts his backside off the saddle, 20 domestic riders prepare to jump on his wheel.

That's exactly what happened last year which lead to Rob Hayles winning it from what I recall.