Hull and East Yorkshire routes?

robalex
robalex Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in Routes
Hi there,
Does anyone know any single track or off road routes, or anything good to ride in Hull or it's surrounding area? I'm going up to Dalby at the end of the month, but am getting a bit bored of Hull - Hornsea and could do with an after work ride.
I've heard about tracks near the bridge but don't know where.

Any help apreciated

Comments

• there is a track that runs alomg the back of makro. near the old go kart track. and that leads all the way to hessle . humber bridge

also if your from east hull then if you join the track that runs between preston road and hedon road that turns into a single track and goes all the way to patrington. we do that a coulpe times a week..

but can get over grown so leg protection will help.

hope this helps
  • robalex
    robalex Posts: 3
    Thanks, i'll look for those.
  • Cube09
    Cube09 Posts: 9
    Did the humber bridge route two or three weeks ago and it was over grown so would wear some leg protection. :cry:

If you can get to Brough and around that area (Brantingham etc) there are some good off road routes through woods and dirt tracks. There is some hard climbs but once your up you have to come back down at some point. :lol:

Know exactly what you mean about the Hornsea track, theres only so many times you can do it, but could carry on to Brid on the quite back roads, don't think its that much further.
  • hessle trail has been cut back now. did it the other day and went accros the bridge for a little ride on the south of the humber.
    some good rides across the humber and not that far really.
  • Cube09
    Thanks for letting me know, must be a month or so since I was last down that way. :lol:

Only ever rode on roads over the bridge (part of a charity ride), would'nt really no where to go for any trails or off road stuff.

Been riding on the wolds way the past couple of weekends and I really enjoy it around there, still learning the area though! Went last Sunday afternoon in the rain with my mate and we got a little losted but then good old OS map got us back. (It was the first ride on my new bike, good test for it in the mud) The best part is its not to far to go and I'm back home in half an hour!
  • d-s-m
    d-s-m Posts: 3
    Where can you get on to the Wolds Way round here mate?

As I live in East Hull too and have been meaning to check out the wolds way, somewhere local to ride would be good lol
  • Cube09
    If you drive and can take your bike its about 20mins drive. If you go down the A63 and take the slip road at Brough and turn right at the traffic lights, then first left. Then follow the road for half a mile and turn right and follow the road over the A63 and around a few bends and on the right is a layby to park in and then there are different ways you can hit the wolds way.

The best way of finding different routes around that area is purchase OS map 293, its the only way me and my mate are learning the area. Just look for the bridle ways indicated on the map. :wink:
  • gonna give that route ago tomorra morning. theres a few good trails around skidy area. its just a case of workiing out where to go with an os map.
  • Cube09
    I've been meaning to have a ride around the skidby area. It'll ave to be next weekend now cos I'm on-call all weekend! :cry: Can't wait to get back on my bike.

Going to plan me route for next weekend now! :wink: You got any good place I can park???
  • there is a pub called half moon. big carpark and beer garden till chill out in when you have finished your ride.
  • Cube09
    Thanks for that, think me and my mate will try that next weekend. Always a bonus when a few shandy's are involved!
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    if you go on rides and look up hull and surrounding area...theres a guy on there called barkey,he knows all the routes out hessle way.....
  • stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    edited August 2009
    I do a couple of loops on the Wolds Way from South Cave from time to time. I've mapped them out here - first one is 13.5km and second one is 20km and includes quite a lengthy road section (I was making it up as I went along and realised I was miles away from my starting point so had to get back on track! :lol:)

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_50438.html

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/cycling/route_38023.html

I usually park my car at the bottom corner of 'Steep Hill' at the junction with Beverly Road, but you could really park up anywhere in South Cave. Much of the Wolds Way is well signed, although you might get grumbled at by walkers... :lol:

oh, an i ride them in a clockwise direction, so after leaving 'steep hill' where the car's parked, i go across and uphill into the woods straight away!
  • stone-rose
    picked up a leaflet today for a new east riding council website that has walking and cycling routes and maps - www.walkingtheriding.co.uk

worth a look for ideas
  • stone-rose wrote:
    picked up a leaflet today for a new east riding council website that has walking and cycling routes and maps - www.walkingtheriding.co.uk

worth a look for ideas

Not bad little site that, got a few nice ideas.
  • stone-rose
    i was pretty surprised that the council are promoting walking and MTBing in the same leaflet and on the same paths really. good site for midweek route ideas definitely!