Locks/Recomended Parking by the Gherkin?

chopperHarris
chopperHarris Posts: 119
edited June 2009 in The workshop
Hi all, gonna be moving into my companys other office in the Gherkin in a couple of weeks and have no secure parking available apparently, so need recomendations on locks etc (dont own anything at the moment) and if anybody else happens to park in the area somewhere safe to park.

Have QR skewers on both wheels so guess both of those need to be removed and replaced as a first any feedback on these pinhead type things? (£50 seems a bit excessive) any other suggestions? dont really want to have to pull the thing apart every morning and then rebuild it before riding 14 miles back home again!

Thanks all
08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
09 Corratec S-light
10 Giant Defy 2

Comments

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Lock the back wheel &frame with a u-lock and get a cable to loop through the front wheel. Leave them locked to the railing overnight. Much easier than than undoing the fornt wheel every day, or getting rid of the q/rs.

Re parking - have a look round, park yours next to a more expensive bike! I can't believe the gherkin doesn't have some sort of loading bay / underground area?
    <a>road</a>
  • thanks,

there is parking underground but apparently its full! :cry:

Gonna look into getting a U lock and a cable time to hit the reviews section! :D , will have a reccy first once i am there and see if there is somewhere safe to lock it to
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    thanks,

there is parking underground but apparently its full! :cry:

Find out where the underground parking is and follow someone in. You'll have a bike, be kitted out appropriately, so just say a cheery "morning" to whoever you follow and then if the bike racks are communal, just lock it up.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    The Pinhead Four pack locks your wheels seatpost and headset so between that a sold secure lock and datatag or the like you'll have the insurance angle covered. We sold a few of the pinhead sets no one complained but I guess you only know if the bits get nicked.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed