Tube strike's on - this Wed and Thurs

2»

Comments

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    NUMPTY WATCH

#1: Stiitng at the lights in primary, just as they go green and I drop out of the trackstand some joker (in shirt, tie & tracksters - great look btw) comes up on my inside, nearly hits me. "Oi watch it mate, don't overtake on the inside" I shout. He replies in a frazzled voice "I didn't, you moved the wrong way". Err yeah mate. I didn't stop to debate further.

#2 The tubes in the City were shutting around 6.20pm which caught some out. I saw one dude in a suit cycling his brand new hybrid home with the Evans manual still zip-tied to the top tube! Actually that's not numpty behaviour really - chapeau sir
    <a>road</a>
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    #2 The tubes in the City were shutting around 6.20pm which caught some out. I saw one dude in a suit cycling his brand new hybrid home with the Evans manual still zip-tied to the top tube! Actually that's not numpty behaviour really - chapeau sir

To be fair, if I didn't have a bag or another suitable method of carrying it, I'd be inclined to just leave it zip-tied there, too.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    NUMPTY WATCH

#1: Stiitng at the lights in primary, just as they go green and I drop out of the trackstand some joker (in shirt, tie & tracksters - great look btw) comes up on my inside, nearly hits me. "Oi watch it mate, don't overtake on the inside" I shout. He replies in a frazzled voice "I didn't, you moved the wrong way". Err yeah mate. I didn't stop to debate further.

You had to dab? For shame....
  • Gussio
    Found the roads to be relatively clear and idiot-free this evening. That said, I did sneak out of work at 1700 8)
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2009

I saw a guy in a suit on a really manky old MTB being physically assaulted by a taxi driver on Traf square.

The taxi driver was very quickly spoken to by a very burly scottish policeman to cheers from the crowd at the side of the street.
  • el_presidente
    Gussio wrote:
    NUMPTY WATCH

No, drop into pedalling mode you oaf (I pretend I am Hoy accelerating down the banking ;) )

I can do seated ones now too 8)
    <a>road</a>
  • Gussio
    Gussio wrote:
    NUMPTY WATCH

No, drop into pedalling mode you oaf (I pretend I am Hoy accelerating down the banking ;) )

Sweet. Have you also figured out how to bunny hop potholes on the fixie....? :wink:
  • el_presidente
    Gussio wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    NUMPTY WATCH

Sweet. Have you also figured out how to bunny hop potholes on the fixie....? :wink:
    I just, err, ride round them ;)
    <a>road</a>