Southern Sportive Wantage

nicky_7751
nicky_7751 Posts: 50
Having just done the Highclere 77 mile sportive I am looking for another one to do. Am looking at the Wantage Southern Sportive on July 5th, was wondering if anyone has done this one before or is doing it this year? :?:

Comments

• lurcio
    lurcio Posts: 22
    I'm doing it for the first time this year. I did the Princes Risborough Sportive on April 26th which I believe is organised by the same people and it was excellent.
  • hitthewall
    hitthewall Posts: 114
    I've never done a sportif and I'm interested in the Wantage. Was out on Walbury hill in the afternoon (on the bike...) and saw the yellow Mavic signs so have had a look to see what's what.

Daft question maybe...the Wantage for example; what do you do about parking up at the start with bike on bike rack. Is there parking near the start or what? As I said, I'm new to this....
  • nicky_7751
    Been trying to find out about parking as there is nothing on the web site to tell you. :?:
  • The start is at a Cricket Club in Letcombe Regis (a small village just outside Wantage) there is some parking there.
  • lurcio wrote:
    I'm doing it for the first time this year. I did the Princes Risborough Sportive on April 26th which I believe is organised by the same people and it was excellent.

Yes, they are both part of the Sunday Sportive series (and thanks; glad you enjoyed Risborough!)

nicky_7751 wrote:
    Been trying to find out about parking as there is nothing on the web site to tell you. :?:

There should be plenty of parking on site. We're starting from the Cricket Club in Letcombe Regis (which is a change from the village hall as advertised, but the two are right next to each other), and also have use of the village hall parking too. Both have substantial field parking available to them. We allow for on site parking at all of our events; in fact it is the single biggest factor that dictates our event capacities. We don't oversell events to the point where we're going to cause problems for riders or the local community with cars all over the place.

Fair point though Nicky, about that not being clear on the website. I've added it to my to do list :)
    Martin

trailbreak.co.uk
    southernsportive.com
  • hitthewall
    Great. Thanks for the info
  • hitthewall
    Well, just entered this as my first sportive. Mid distance. The bits closer to Newbury I ride quite regularly but might need a bit more hill work between now and then for some of the climbs on the Downs.
  • nicky_7751
    Thanks for info Martin, will be entering for sure hope to go for the full distance.