Belvoir Loop Sunday 14th June

mbrfan
mbrfan Posts: 239
edited June 2009 in MTB rides
Lauren and myself would like to check this out Sunday morning - hoping it's dried out somewhat since my last trip.

Anyone else fancy coming along - can you suggest a likely starting point? Coming up from P'boro.

Comments

• Hi Steve,

I was thinking about doing the Belvoir Loop myself on Sunday - are you going to start from the Red Lion in Stathern?

Andy
  • mbrfan
    Could start from there, sure. Got a time in mind? Was hoping to be home for lunch.
  • Early would be good for me as well - how about 9-ish? Is there anywhere else that you were thinking of starting from? Leaving the Red Lion you go straight up Toft's Hill which is a bit of a shock as a warm-up.....
  • mbrfan
    Hi Andy,

Last time I parked closer to the A1 and went along the canal towpath before joining at the north of the loop just before Belvoir - there is then the long climb past the castle, but nothing we can't handle - gets the main road bit out of the way at the start. adds about 10 mins each way to the trip.
    Could do that again I suppose - north of Harlaxton.

9ish is good. Will firm up Friday.

Anyone else want to come along? Anyone else been recently - how are the ruts on the Viking Way?
  • OK - that sounds good to me. I expect it could be quite muddy - we've had quite a bit of rain up there over the past few days.
  • mbrfan
    Right 9am it is. Meet north of Harlaxton at a bend in the road - there's space for parking. Grid Ref SK879338.

See you there.
  • Hi Steve
    That sounds fine to me - see you there at 9
    Andy
  • Guys - Thanks for a great ride today - hope to see you again soon