new bike i bought

mongoose rider
mongoose rider Posts: 140
edited April 2010 in Your mountain bikes
here she is :P 06 marin AL7

i want do a full spec will do just a basic one :)
06 marin AL7
07 fox 36 talas
fox dxh air
avid juicy 7
wtb wheels
sram x.9 rear+shifters
e.13 dual ring chain guide+ bashguard

pbpic3523551.jpg

pbpic3523550.jpg

pbpic3523548.jpg

pbpic3523546.jpg

starting racing dh on it this year :D

any comments?? :)

Comments

• LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    sweet bike dude, nice choice
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    how much travel is there on the rear sus?
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    i belive 170 - 180

i realy want oner of these

nice bike
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Did you get this from Rutland?

I was looking at this bike thinking what an awesome deal it was, but there were no large frames left... gutted!!!!

Nice bike though!
  • thanks for all the comments
    Did you get this from Rutland?

I was looking at this bike thinking what an awesome deal it was, but there were no large frames left... gutted!!!!

Nice bike though!
    yeh from rutland cycles, the large size must of sold out a while ago because i saw this like 4-5 weeks ago and ive got a medium which is pretty much perfect for me :D

wouldnt mind getting a new seat+single ring chain guide though, but not allowed to spend unless its realy necasary as i am only 16 :twisted:
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Excellent ride - I have the Quake 7.3 (which is essentially the same)

Dont just use it for larking about on though - I run the saddle up and it make a great hard hitting trail bike, they do weigh a tonne though... just make sure you have strong legs.... :D
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Excellent ride - I have the Quake 7.3 (which is essentially the same)

Dont just use it for larking about on though - I run the saddle up and it make a great hard hitting trail bike, they do weigh a tonne though... just make sure you have strong legs.... :D
    i like the saddle down :) my saddle was all the way down on my mongoose aswell i s'ppose its just personal preference realy

been with it at coed y brenin 3 times now must say its given me loads mor confidence :D
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    i like the saddle down :) my saddle was all the way down on my mongoose aswell i s'ppose its just personal preference realy

been with it at coed y brenin 3 times now must say its given me loads mor confidence :D

Can understand that. I ride with the saddle up most of the time, but did the Coast to Coast with someone who simply couldn't ride with his saddle up, as a personal preference. Strange.

Very nice bike btw, great deal.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • wel uphills are fine obviously but once it gets to the quick singletrack i just hate it really :? i feel like its gonna throw me over the bars all the time + i love the feel of having loads of room underneath you

also im going to race dh so would looks stupid with a saddle really high :P
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Damn nice... how much does it weigh then?

Compared to my last bike (steel hardtail) my new one i could prob carry around with my pinky haha
  • im not sure how much it weights but am sure i rea somewhere its lik 39lbs

so not too light supposedly quite good for dh to think it has a dualring chainguide and pretty heavy wheels
  • The Big Cheese
    im not sure how much it weights but am sure i rea somewhere its lik 39lbs

so not too light supposedly quite good for dh to think it has a dualring chainguide and pretty heavy wheels

Yep - mine comes in at just over 38lbs - not light by any means but doesn't feel that heavy when riding

I drop my saddle when bike is in 'extreme' usage, but then if I want to hit some hard trails, up it goes

When I can afford it I am going to get a Joplin (or equivalent) to save hassle!

:wink:
  • Gobs
    Gobs Posts: 296
    That is the bike Judge Dredd would have owned. It looks like it would chew up ramblers and spit them out if they dared stray onto the trails :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    oh my god, I think I've just come a little! :lol:

Seriosuly nice bike. Wanted one of these for ages.
  • thanks for all the comments :)

was looking at a maxle kit for it but am not allowed. got 2 punctres on it allready bloody single ply tyres. getting high rollers for when im racing. im not gonna bother with wets as well but if i do race more then ill have 2 sets of tyres for it then.

more comments ar welcome
  • Anonymous
    I thought they had maxle rear ends already? hmm.
  • The Big Cheese

Pre 2008 models (like mine) had 135mm standard rear end.

Was looking at getting a maxle kit but the problem is that the 150mm maxle kit is no good, the actual dropouts are fine, but you need a 135mm maxle which come with the Quad 140 drououts (which wont fit a quake)... little problema! :cry:
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    Nice ride dude :) How grippy are those 50/50 pedals? Was thinkin of gettin some :)
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Cheesey wrote:

Pre 2008 models (like mine) had 135mm standard rear end.

Was looking at getting a maxle kit but the problem is that the 150mm maxle kit is no good, the actual dropouts are fine, but you need a 135mm maxle which come with the Quad 140 drououts (which wont fit a quake)... little problema! :cry:

but they make a kit for that bike dont they :?

and the pedals are really grippy. just hope they hold up. dont know if they will from hearing the storys about them :lol:
  • The Big Cheese
    but they make a kit for that bike dont they :?:

They make 2 kits

150mm x 12mm maxle kit for the Quake

135mm x 12mm kit for the other QUAD range (Mount vision, Attack Trail etc)

The problem is the actual dropouts are different, the Quake ones bolt to the inside of the swingarm and the others dont.

So, in order to get it on our bikes, we would need the dropouts from the 150mm maxle kit, but the skewer from the QUAD maxle kit....

Sort of like combining the two - talk to your LBS - they can get on to ATB sales (Marin distributer) to arrange something..

Hope I havent confused you... :lol::lol:
  • ohh right thanks for that,

and bored so i thought id reply to the above and bump my old thread :P
  • hi thought id give you a quick update on the quake seeing as i have got a new bit on it today quite a big one :P

got a rs boxxer wc on it
    also have sunline v2 handlebars whcih are new

p4pb4892106.jpg

watcha think :)
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Looks bloody awesome mate. Thats quite possibly the beefiest linkage/suspension setup i've ever seen, good thing it's dry now because it looks like it'd be a right bugger to clean mud off. :lol:
  • thanks

lol it is, had a uplift day last month where it pured it down and i hosed it over quickly to get the big bits of mud off and left it for a week or two because i hate cleaning it :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Cleaning? What is this "cleaning" that you speak of?
    Still love the bike. :D