Coed y brenin

fred5681
fred5681 Posts: 20
edited June 2009 in Routes
HI all

I have seen the website and it looks amazing! Does anyone have experience of this place? Also I want to know if there are any decent campsites nearby.

Cheers all

Fred

Comments

• gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    only been the once and did the beast, thought it was mint well worth the journey, hoping to get back there this summer (watch out for the midgies!!). not sure about camping though mate
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    There's camping in Dolgellau.Never camped there but loads from various Forums have.
    I preferred CYB before they changed all the trails about 3 years ago,having said that there's still some brilliant trails there.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    fred5681 wrote:
    HI all

I have seen the website and it looks amazing! Does anyone have experience of this place? Also I want to know if there are any decent campsites nearby.

Cheers all

Fred
    Try www.logcabinswales.co.uk
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    i tried to do the MBR, today, did 300 meters and gave up, MTB in the truest sense of the word

just my total lack of skill to deal the rocks i will go back in a year

least i know where my skills are to be improved and how much by

the place was brill so nice!
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Thats probably the worst part as well! I binned it there a few years ago, my knee still aint right now.... But it does improve after that first bit....
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • swagman
    swagman Posts: 115
    You can find campsites on ukcampsite.co.uk, theres a great little one with just a little toilet block and open fires ,on the road to Barmouth. Great if you want to get back to nature and chill.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Noticed a few DIVERSION signs up between the Visitor Centre and the bridge to get over the river (at the start and finish of the Afon loop). Seems there is a lot of work going to be done to the trails in the coming weeks! If they end up as good as the Adams family section of the Beast, it's worth the wait!! :shock: