Anyone up at Afan tomorrow?

Gwaredd
Gwaredd Posts: 251
edited June 2009 in MTB rides
As per title. Hope the weather's good 8)

Comments

• davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    was thinking about heading down for the w/e but then saw the severe weather warning on Metcheck. Watching the news last night about those fell runners needing rescuing in Snowdonia - maybe I did the right thing.
  • Gwaredd
    Gwaredd Posts: 251
    Well, that was eventful! Went down with a mate & tackled the Whites trail in the non-stop rain & half way round my rear hub gave up suddenly & I had no drive, so I had to scoot the rest of the way round! Still had fun though, especially as most of it was downhill.

When we go back, the bike shop didn't have a new hub for my bike, so that was an end for that & we also found that due to the very fine grit, we'd both blown through a full set of front & rear pads. My mate also fell off & bent his rear mech & kinked his cable. We were also soaked through & covered in fine grit everywhere.

What to do? Sounded like a recipe for packing up & heading home. Nah. Whilst we were warming up in the Excellent Drop Off Cafe, the bike shop straightened my mates bike out, fitted new pads & I hired a Commencal Meta 5.5.3 & we went round & did it again - this time unscathed!

Great trail, spoiled only slightly by the weather. We will return in the dry!