Gisburn Forest any good

Blackadder
Blackadder Posts: 187
edited June 2009 in Routes
Has anyone been to gisburn forest near Clitheroe?
Whats there?
Is it any good?

Cheers

Comments

• pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    It`s good but i wouldn`t bother going till the new trail is complete. The old trail is still there but it`s not worth a long journey. Parts of the new build are cutting into the old trail, making it difficult to ride. (tape, trees lying across to stop people riding it)

When it`s finished it`ll be awesome with a decent red run and a full on downhill run. There will also be some more family oriented trails.
  • Blackadder
    went on saturday
    seemed to be finished
    went on first bit on fireroads and some single track but then my Dad's chain irreparibly snapped so we walked/i rode slowly back
    there were many intriguing singletracks leading off, appearing to all rejoin, i went on 1 it was ok
    however they are all confusing, anyone know of a map showing them all as I can't find one

Cheers
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Blackadder wrote:
    went on saturday
    seemed to be finished
    went on first bit on fireroads and some single track but then my Dad's chain irreparibly snapped so we walked/i rode slowly back
    there were many intriguing singletracks leading off, appearing to all rejoin, i went on 1 it was ok
    however they are all confusing, anyone know of a map showing them all as I can't find one

Cheers

Its all confusing cause it`s not finished yet. When it`s finished it`ll all be waymarked. From what I can gather from the route map it will be going the opposite way round from the current waymarked red route.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Someone's posted a map on STW -

gisburnbiketrails_oct08-2.jpg

Read the thread
  • Blackadder
    That does make it confusing! :p