Campag Brakes....Anyone tried these.....

akkers
akkers Posts: 140
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Posted separately on changing Campy brake pads and how its a bit tedious. Trying to find replacement Campag Record shoes in order to just carry 2 sets of brakes is close to impossible.

Spotted these as an alternative - Campag compatible pads AND shoes.

has anyone used these? If so are Kool Stop any good?

Thanks

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/app/secure ... ilyID=1509

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,133
    I've got a pair of those that I bought from Sigma Sport. I want to be able to swap between a pair of carbon rimmed wheels and a pair of aluminium rimmed wheels so went for these to make that easier. The brake blocks offer very good braking, although I've not used them in the wet just yet, and are very straightforward to fit.

I'd definitely recommend them.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They are reputedly excellent...
  • akkers
    akkers Posts: 140
    I've got a pair of those that I bought from Sigma Sport. I want to be able to swap between a pair of carbon rimmed wheels and a pair of aluminium rimmed wheels so went for these to make that easier. The brake blocks offer very good braking, although I've not used them in the wet just yet, and are very straightforward to fit.

thats exactly what I want em for...just changing the whoel unti rather than faffing with pads in and out.

ordered em from Sigma...hopefully make things far simpler to switch between carbon and alu rims

thanks