Speedplay zero's

Big Banjo
Big Banjo Posts: 78
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Has anyone used these, what are your opinions? Are they better than spd or similar?

Thanks

Comments

• jaredpace
    jaredpace Posts: 111
    IMHO, they are simply the best. Hence why so many pro's use them. Double entry is also a bonus. Also easier on the knees, should you have any concerns in that dept. I've tried them all over the years and nothing seems to be as good. As I initially said, that is just my humble opinion. :wink:
    Jared
  • italiaandyf
    italiaandyf Posts: 120
    switched to them last year and they're superb - double entry is excellent, loads of float is great for my injury prone knees, excellent pedals.
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 983
    Hi folks i dont mean to butt in but i am currently using Speedplay Zeros and i am interested to know how have you set the amount of float, is is full float or have you set it to suit your personal needs, i am not sure about the Zeros and was thinking of changing to shimano Ultegra 6620 spd sl pedals anyone here using the Shimano pedals.
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    recently moved to zero's from Time RXS Carbon's. took a few rides to get used to them, but really like them now.

Started off using them with full float and then brought them in a bit to suit my needs.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Takes a few rides but once you have zeroed them in they are the best IMO anyway.
  • Big Banjo
    Big Banjo Posts: 78
    Okay thanks guys ordered some this morning.

Just don't tell the gf :wink: